OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point was a nuanced one, so not surprising you missed it. Fan boy is a stupid term; usually reserved for use when people have no cogent argument to make. Believe Neptune said at MACNA in Late August that they were working on it but no actual release date yet. Is that not updated enough?
Working on it is coming soon. What is the difference when that's all we have heard for many months.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im bored at work why not ? lol, I’m am also desperately for this product to drop but like some mentioned here why and how can you be upset they haven’t released this yet? I will imagine you paying $400+ for an item that was prematurely released because people were Pushing for its release more debasting than pushing a few moths back on a release ESPECIALLY! In a tank I have invested thousands on (my GF still believes I’m in the hundreds) but anyways We are all potential buyers im sure they are aware they are loosing clients to other new companies serving us with similar products but I read a few issues with other new products I rather wait it out even far enough to see some actual people reviews I tend to never buy the first model I work in IT and trust me the first models always has hickups when going from 10-20-30 users to thousands that’s when issues start to surface

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a break, and take a vacation to Jamaica. It will all be better then!! It will "Come soon, Mon!", in Jamaican time. In the meantime, "Don't worry, be happy!" :)

Note: I'm trying my best to wait myself, so understand :(

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on it is coming soon. What is the difference when that's all we have heard for many months.

If that's the status ….. then that's the status …. whether it's changed or not changed LOL. A while back I was in the market for a new pump and figured I'd get the COR; after six months of waiting and no COR, I went elsewhere. As you note in your original post, there are alternatives. If people don't want to wait for Trident then don't, buy one of the others. Simple.

OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's the status ….. then that's the status …. whether it's changed or not changed LOL. A while back I was in the market for a new pump and figured I'd get the COR; after six months of waiting and no COR, I went elsewhere. As you note in your original post, there are alternatives. If people don't want to wait for Trident then don't, buy one of the others. Simple.
That was the whole purpose of the original post, to get opinions on the other options.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cry me a river, you haven’t paid for a product that hasn’t been released, yet feel entitled to have it- typical consumer. I think ignoring threads like this is the best thing for apex to do.

They don’t need your business. You WANT theirs. Perhaps you misunderstand that?

I am so glad you posted in this thread. I am not sure if you did it on purpose or not but you did Neptune more damage than anyone else in this thread. I wish you were an official Neptune representative.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the whole purpose of the original post, to get opinions on the other options.

Well, that's not what you asked LOL. You asked if folks were ready to move on from Trident. There are other threads here that detail experience with the KH Guardian, Alkatronic, Calcafragolistic and others.

OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that's not what you asked LOL. You asked if folks were ready to move on from Trident. There are other threads here that detail experience with the KH Guardian, Alkatronic, Calcafragolistic and others.
Your right I didn't word it just like that. My bad general discussion board police. I had responses that knew what I was asking. I didn't ask for the attacks that some of the responsders received either but people felt inclined to do so. It always amazes me how people respond to other peoples posts and just attack the responders.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so glad you posted in this thread. I am not sure if you did it on purpose or not but you did Neptune more damage than anyone else in this thread. I wish you were an official Neptune representative.

Congrats- I am sure they will be sobbing if you go GHL instead. Such a tiny company, losing that sale will surely destroy them!

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just ordered up the GHL KH Director so I can let you know how that goes after I get it set up.

The KhD from GHL is great you’ll Love it along with the 2.1 SA . KhD Very accurate. The directions aren’t to clear at least not when I had to set mine up (almost a year ago ) just make sure you keep the bottle of reagent right next to it so the tube isn’t long , and to prime the tubing or the tubes can shoot off , but after it’s up and running it’s nice . I like GHL (looks way better ) but Apex is little more user friendly and that I cant use on phone while away from the house , I think people have set up port forwarding though but I haven’t messed with it , also downside is for me they’re not in America

OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KhD from GHL is great you’ll Love it along with the 2.1 SA . KhD Very accurate. The directions aren’t to clear at least not when I had to set mine up (almost a year ago ) just make sure you keep the bottle of reagent right next to it so the tube isn’t long , and to prime the tubing or the tubes can shoot off , but after it’s up and running it’s nice . I like GHL (looks way better ) but Apex is little more user friendly and that I cant use on phone while away from the house , I think people have set up port forwarding though but I haven’t messed with it , also downside is for me they’re not in America
Will the khd auto dose ALK to keep the levels within your set parameters or does it just monitor alk?

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the khd auto dose ALK to keep the levels within your set parameters or does it just monitor alk?
It auto adjusts the dose via an Add On mode or via Adaptive mode. Use with caution...it wiped my tank out.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It auto adjusts the dose via an Add On mode or via Adaptive mode. Use with caution...it wiped my tank out.

That sucks .How did ya wipe out a tank you should only be dosing very small amounts to adjust throughout the day and should be testing multiple times a day. I’m pretty lazy and I have had zero problems still

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks .How did ya wipe out a tank you should only be dosing very small amounts to adjust throughout the day and should be testing multiple times a day. I’m pretty lazy and I have had zero problems still
Very simple. The dosing pump stayed on and dumped a litre of triton into the tank. The web interface crashed multiple times stopping any user attempt to remotely stop the dump. I ended up throwing away a P4, Doser 2.1 master 4 head, slave 3 head and a KHD. I wont sell on a piece of junk.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I think I will be ordering one soon. Doesn't seem like the Trident is close to being available.
I was hoping to purchase Trident also and whatever one I decided to keep I’d sell the other but man it’s taking forever for them to get it out . I’d like to see phosphate and Nitrate automated then I believe my system would be complete lol

OP
OP
Wildcats1023

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to purchase Trident also and whatever one I decided to keep I’d sell the other but man it’s taking forever for them to get it out . I’d like to see phosphate and Nitrate automated then I believe my system would be complete lol
I'm pretty lazy when it comes to testing so the more automated testing becomes the better off my corals and fish will be for sure

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back