New dream build floor support question

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2012
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
690
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all!
after some time away (2 years) and a move to a different state I’m gearing up to build my dream build in my new construction home! I won’t be starting a build thread just yet but want to get some opinions. Attached is the floor plan for both the crawl space and the main level. The plan is to put a 90-150 gal peninsula water box aquarium in the area thats marked out in red. I have my builder checking the floor rating up to 2000 LBs.

Does anyone have any input on this? I know it would probably be better to add the additional support but we are working on a budget.
(New build thread will come later in the process)

721B0E1C-6BC6-452C-BA7D-C6E021437B8B.jpeg
6645D815-2B20-4950-92D9-D71490864E09.jpeg
 
If walls are open then do it, a lot cheaper to do it now rather than later, what kind of support are you guys thinking? A couple of additional piers under the area or additional floor joists?
 
Upvote 0
If walls are open then do it, a lot cheaper to do it now rather than later, what kind of support are you guys thinking? A couple of additional piers under the area or additional floor joists?
I think so. The builder said they could reenforce the floor in the area specifically for the tank. We know the tank will go there 100% and have a dedicated power circuit and CAT6 ports going on that wall
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new