New From Idaho

Onedeadbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Wanted to introduce myself and say how impressed I am with the community here. Eveyone seems very helpful!

A little about me: I live in Idaho with my girlfriend and 2 of my 3 children (oldest is out on his own). I am a teacher at a local high school and love my job :nerd:

I have been into saltwater for a little over a year. I currently have a 72g bowfront. It is a mixed reef; a little of everything.

Here is a pic of the current tank:

I am currently working on a big upgrade :bigsmile:, more to come on that later.

Anyway, hello everyone!

re-fin-away

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. That is the exact tank I had before I upgraded to my 180. I also had a yellow and sailfin tang in there. Although after about six months I had to get rid of the sailfin because he got too big.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Great community here. I love the tank man, seems like its come a long way so far.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Is your tank in your classroom or at home?

OP
OP
Onedeadbob

Onedeadbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. That is the exact tank I had before I upgraded to my 180. I also had a yellow and sailfin tang in there. Although after about six months I had to get rid of the sailfin because he got too big.

They are both a little big for the 72g right now; the upgrade should be done soon so I can move them over!

OP
OP
Onedeadbob

Onedeadbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. If we can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Is your tank in your classroom or at home?

The 72g is at home (as are the new tanks). I thought about putting a 24g nano at school, but not sure how that would work out over the summer/winter breaks.

Where in Wy are you located Renegade? I'm over in the Boise area.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Love your rock. Those are some great pieces.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 72g is at home (as are the new tanks). I thought about putting a 24g nano at school, but not sure how that would work out over the summer/winter breaks.

Where in Wy are you located Renegade? I'm over in the Boise area.

Trust me when I tell you its kind of a pain in the rear, requires regular visits in to the school during the breaks.

I'm up in the Northeast corner, right at the base of the Big Horn mts, just out of Sheridan.

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R love the tank and will you be keeping a tank at the school you teach? Could create more reefers . reefers for the future I wish one of my teachers would have had a tank . What do you teach and what grade? love the rocks you have nice formations ..again welcome aboard
Roger

OP
OP
Onedeadbob

Onedeadbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me when I tell you its kind of a pain in the rear, requires regular visits in to the school during the breaks.

I'm up in the Northeast corner, right at the base of the Big Horn mts, just out of Sheridan.

Ahh, over on the other side of the state. Sounds like you are a teacher or at least associated with a school as well?

OP
OP
Onedeadbob

Onedeadbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R love the tank and will you be keeping a tank at the school you teach? Could create more reefers . reefers for the future I wish one of my teachers would have had a tank . What do you teach and what grade? love the rocks you have nice formations ..again welcome aboard
Roger

I have had a few students encourage me to get a tank going at school. I am a high school math teacher :nerd:, mostly juniors and seniors this year. I am lucky enough to teacher the honors classes; Pre-Calculus through Calculus 2. Love the job, but now that I am into reefing, I wish that I had taken a few more chemistry/biology classes and fewer math/computer science classes!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, over on the other side of the state. Sounds like you are a teacher or at least associated with a school as well?

Yep, I teach aquatic biology, biology, and horticulture at the local high school, grades 9 -12.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back