New Guy with an Old Dream.

FiX

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2025
Messages
28
Reaction score
65
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm so new I don't even have a drop of salt water, just a dream and an unfinished space to build it in. No experience with reef keeping, but I have tropical fish and dart frogs. Still on square one, renovating a basement in an old house. Hope to get it right the first time, so I'm building infrastructure and gathering information before setting up the aquarium itself. Which is how I stumbled upon this forum. I look forward to your input!

-Dave

IMG_5177.jpeg IMG_3434.jpeg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi Dave. :)

Welcome to your new aquatic adventure. You have a good foundation. I think you're really going to enjoy the saltwater hobby. It's a long game and hobby of patience. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Dave. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

background.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new