New Gyre knock off

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only product that has a positive review is the box that the pumps come in........ you can use them as critter box :p

Yea, I tried this out, couldn't even get a rat to bed in the knockoff point of sale.

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you all stop listing their supplier? I think with @revhtree removing the link it at least seemed clear to me where R2R stands on having it published! It's not that hard to find elsewhere without you all posting it here..

But here's a screenshot from said supplier.. I fully trust these people with my valuable livestock over Maxspect..

image.png

Like that little boy David said after his trip to the dentist..

image.gif

P.S. I spoke with Carlos about this thread after he finished the diagnosis of my gyre. He was greatful to all that have defended Maxspect here and I quote "if a company can produce a better pump at a lower price, good for them and good for the hobby. Just don't blatantly copy our product! Heck, that is how the Gyre came to be and we don't mind if a company can create a pump at a lower price... again, that is what competition is all about. What we do not agree is for a company to blatantly copy our property... THAT is our problem"

And I 100% agree.
I was ok with the wp-40.. In all aspects of business competition there's a line that gets pushed.. But we all know that ethically and legally when that line is crossed.. we as hobbiest HAVE to decide when the infringing company is crossing said line has gone too far over the line... Seriously the gyre shouldn't take patent lawyers and tons of legal fees to settle. It's over the line and we should just settle it for them by using our wallets and buying the real product and not the knockoff.. (I understand not all can afford the real one, so don't get one at all.. There's other options) but if we allow this to continue then the guys that work in R&D at Coralvue/Maxspect won't be there much longer and Jaebo won't have any new cool innovative products to rip off..

Rant over :)

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aaahh, thought that box, full of them was yours. appears you do have one, even if you didnt "buy" it. guess youre part of the cool club and were given one?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The 2 sizes are identical to the 130 and 150 . the whole unit is identical but the magnet doesnt have pads on them and will 100% scratch your tank if you have acrylic. The guts are identical even the rotors. Sad man

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
aaahh, thought that box, full of them was yours. appears you do have one, even if you didnt "buy" it. guess youre part of the cool club and were given one?
Lol nope i dont kno if i can say and its not my place to say or dont want to get introuble but just relaying what goes on. Couple of friends purchased a bunch but were limited on how many. They are an identical nockoff off the gyre. Have the same modes as a regular jabeo controller and their in the US

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"identical"? simialr perhaps, but identical might be pushing it. I havent seen the two units sideXside, but sometimes small, but important differences are hard to see/spot.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
"identical"? simialr perhaps, but identical might be pushing it. I havent seen the two units sideXside, but sometimes small, but important differences are hard to see/spot.
Just the outside magnet and the inside magnet housing is the only thing thats different. Everything else is similar(edit also it feels like a type of plastic,the gyre and the gyre cable is softer)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Imo it basically comes down to jabeos going to get sued for sales and the pumps are 160 each , wouldnt see why people wouldnt rather pay the extra 60 bucks to get fully warrantied (even if your warranty expires coralvue will hook u up) and get a better piece of equipment

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, this is a pure crap, sooner or later they will catch the people who has them for sale, they will be sue, and their sites block, not a good thing when you have 0 support for this things

Brandon Chi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will have my hands on these in the next week, I'll let you guys know how they are(might even buy a gyre to compare)
Yea I may try them out too . I'm getting curious now [emoji12] watch six months down the road the people on this thread are going to buy one after the good reviews lol

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I may try them out too . I'm getting curious now [emoji12] watch six months down the road the people on this thread are going to buy one after the good reviews lol

not I! I wouldnt support the company just based on their poor business tactics. aside from that, the gyre doesnt impress me that much and the few folks I know that have them are disappointed. Also, theyre kinda bulky/ugly in the tank, IMO.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%

Back