New Gyre Models

drsalomon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would happen if my gyre had A and B propellers installed and I put it in oceanic gyre mode? I like the fact that it alternates and ramps down at night but I would not want to cut my flow in half by installing 2 A or 2 B blades. Please advise.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would happen if my gyre had A and B propellers installed and I put it in oceanic gyre mode? I like the fact that it alternates and ramps down at night but I would not want to cut my flow in half by installing 2 A or 2 B blades. Please advise.
If you use the Gyre stock with a A and a B propeller and cage then when in an alternating state both propellers would be going forward creating the natural gyre flow and when in reverse both propellers would produce a slight turbulent down flow.

drsalomon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So wouldn't it be better to run oceanic gyre mode with A and B paddles on both Gyres so you could get double the forward flow as each pump on either side of the tank takes over the forward gyre compared to 2 A or 2 B paddles which would only give you one paddle of forward flow and one paddle of alternate gyre flow with the other 2 being turbulent. I assume alternate gyre mode on a single paddle would not be as powerful as forward gyre mode on a single paddle. Am I missing something?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on how you have or want your pumps configured. That is the nice thing about the Gyre is the versatility you have with the flow. But the Alternating Gyre mode is designed for the alternating Gyre propeller and cage configurations. The alternating gyre works best when the pump is in the vertical position basically turning your Gyre into two separate power heads capable of pushing water in two different directions. If your looking for flow with standard propeller configuration I would suggest the Random mode or the lunar tidal cycle aka LTC.

drsalomon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes a lot of sense. Alternate gyre in horizontal pump configuration would seem to cause sand to blow everywhere. But if the pumps are vertical and your aquascape is clear of all sides, it seems oceanic mode would work well. Can LTC or random mode be combined with a night mode that ramps down the maximums at night? For random can I force antisync? That is what I like about Oceanic mode

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there , I'd like to know if there are any plans to do an ICECAP interface module for the 200 series, thanks.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I can have it random mode from 9am to 5pm at 100% and then random at 20% from 5pm to 9am for example?
Yes here is how to setup automatic mode time stamp 8:21:
This will allow you to set different modes at different flow rates throughout a 24hour cycle.

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a recommendation of one of the Gyre pumps for my reef tank.I have a DSA 105 rimless that is 48x24x21.I have all LPS and anemones in the tank.Right now i have a Jebao WP 25 with a Mag 18 basement sump for flow.I did try 2 Jebao 25s and that was to much flow.What would you recommend for my tank.Also do you need the controller to run the pump?
Anyone?

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get a recommendation of one of the Gyre pumps for my reef tank.I have a DSA 105 rimless that is 48x24x21.I have all LPS and anemones in the tank.Right now i have a Jebao WP 25 with a Mag 18 basement sump for flow.I did try 2 Jebao 25s and that was to much flow.What would you recommend for my tank.Also do you need the controller to run the pump?
anyone?

saltygoat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new icecap controller if needing one. Box has never been opened. Was going to use it with my Apex but changed my plans. Tried to return it but unfortunately had it over 60 days as my build took longer than I intended.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would 1 250 work?
If your looking for just running one gyre then it would provide you with more than enough flow. I usually would only look at a 250 on 6ft - 8ft long tanks. But for ultimate flow I do suggest the use of two pumps. In that case two 250s would be too much and unsightly compared to the smaller XF230s.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new icecap controller if needing one. Box has never been opened. Was going to use it with my Apex but changed my plans. Tried to return it but unfortunately had it over 60 days as my build took longer than I intended.

I have two 150's with two ice cap modules right now , I would like to add a pair of the 200 series pumps all to be controlled by a third party computer (Prifilux P4) so I'd like to know if the 200 series can work since I have not seen a new Icecap module.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the Gyre Advanced Controller will eventually be able to be controlled via Wifi through the ICV6 and the future iOS and Android Gyre App.
hey Jeremy, i have a gyre 130 and waiting for the 250 to get here... will i be able to hook up the 130 to the 250 and have it slave off it or does it have to be a 150 to do so?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Jeremy, i have a gyre 130 and waiting for the 250 to get here... will i be able to hook up the 130 to the 250 and have it slave off it or does it have to be a 150 to do so?
Sorry you will not be capable of using you XF130 pump on the XF250 controller. However you can use your XF130 pump on a XF230.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.1%
Back