New Here

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just joining and wanted to say hello. I've been in the hobby for about 10 years. I have a 20g long with a few SPS. It's definitely a work in progress. I work part time at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD in the Living Seashore exhibit.

Looking forward to getting some answers and hopefully providing some helpful information as well.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Agree wanting to see your tank. How about starting a "Member's Tank" thread and giving us want we want. :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oooh very cool! We need info and photos of the work tanks! Welcome!

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I appreciate it. Tank thread has been created here.

Oooh very cool! We need info and photos of the work tanks! Welcome!

Sure, I can take a few. Unfortunately, we have very few live coral setups at the Aquarium. We do have a propagation setup in the back where we're culturing and fragging corals to swap with other aquariums and institutions. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to take pictures of backup equipment and areas without written consent of someone in leadership, so I can't share those pictures.

But, here are a few pictures of our orange filefish, they're my favorite. When I climb behind the tank to feed, they come up to the surface and spit water at me. They're about 2 feet long each, but they're very slow. They're in a tank with some pretty aggressive mates, so I hand-feed them some clams on the side to make sure they get fed:

IMG_20170219_082446.jpg
IMG_20170219_082501.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R:)

Back