New here

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190815_192739.jpg
You did good with your rock work. You will have plenty of space and levels to grow anything you want. Once you get a proper light/schedule. The stock light might be a little week. I'm not sure about your exact model. Do you have any ideas for types of corals if any you want? If you don't want coral then your lights are good for the fish only system. I'm not sure how much you know about coral but the 3 basic categories that the hobby not scientists classify them are soft, Large polyp stony, and small polyp stony. Soft are usually easy, LPS take more effort, and SPS usually take a lot of effort. Some fish can't have some types of coral in their tanks. For example if you are considering the horses from your other thread, they can't have stinging corals like most LPS.

OP
OP
MANDAMARIE

MANDAMARIE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did good with your rock work. You will have plenty of space and levels to grow anything you want. Once you get a proper light/schedule. The stock light might be a little week. I'm not sure about your exact model. Do you have any ideas for types of corals if any you want? If you don't want coral then your lights are good for the fish only system. I'm not sure how much you know about coral but the 3 basic categories that the hobby not scientists classify them are soft, Large polyp stony, and small polyp stony. Soft are usually easy, LPS take more effort, and SPS usually take a lot of effort. Some fish can't have some types of coral in their tanks. For example if you are considering the horses from your other thread, they can't have stinging corals like most LPS.
Still trying to figure all that out! Relying on the man at the place to help with that one. I like colorful

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to figure all that out! Relying on the man at the place to help with that one. I like colorful
If it were me, I would start with something simple like a mushroom or other soft coral. Resist the temptation to buy a bunch at a time until you see how your first piece does over a 3-4 month time period. Be careful with Zoas/palys. Wear glasses and gloves when handling them. Also keep your mouth closed.
Just google soft coral types and let the colors come to you :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey new here! Been wanting a saltwater aquarium for a very long time but having babies made it pretty hard so we waited. Just got our new jbj biocube 30 gallon. Started a week ago Tom! We added 2 clowns yesterday! We have a great place near home that is amazing at what they do! Any advice would be very helpful if anyone has any. Right now trying to figure out a good lighting schedule. The man told us at least 9 hours 100,20,20 and 40 blue for 2 hours in evening for viewing. I feel like this isnt enough! Cant wait to be apart of this forum! :)
Welcome, comrade

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 61 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back