New here

MANDAMARIE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey new here! Been wanting a saltwater aquarium for a very long time but having babies made it pretty hard so we waited. Just got our new jbj biocube 30 gallon. Started a week ago Tom! We added 2 clowns yesterday! We have a great place near home that is amazing at what they do! Any advice would be very helpful if anyone has any. Right now trying to figure out a good lighting schedule. The man told us at least 9 hours 100,20,20 and 40 blue for 2 hours in evening for viewing. I feel like this isnt enough! Cant wait to be apart of this forum! :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Best advice i can give is to take it slow. If the tank was started a week ago and a pair of clowns are already added the tank hasn't had ample time to cycle. Keep a close eye on the little ones for ammonia spikes.
Check out these great threads with tons of great info :)
BareOpulentJumpingbean-small.gif
#WelcometoR2R

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You came to the right place. I second the going slow part. I know it’s hard when you first start and want to add every fish you see, but patience and research are key to having a successful tank. Don’t be embarrassed to ask questions, we all were new at one point;)

OP
OP
MANDAMARIE

MANDAMARIE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Best advice i can give is to take it slow. If the tank was started a week ago and a pair of clowns are already added the tank hasn't had ample time to cycle. Keep a close eye on the little ones for ammonia spikes.
#WelcometoR2R
We used some stuff they told us put in. He checked our levels and said we were ready for fish... not sure‍

Last edited:

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#WelcometoR2R
Welcome to R2R and follow this advice!! Glad to have you here

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF!!! My best advice is: trust the experts on here vs those at your local fish store. For lighting, you can post a thread in the lighting forum. Probably will get more eyes there.

OP
OP
MANDAMARIE

MANDAMARIE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF!!! My best advice is: trust the experts on here vs those at your local fish store. For lighting, you can post a thread in the lighting forum. Probably will get more eyes there.
I guess I trust my local fish store bc he has been in the business for a long time and did it as a hobby before the business and has only saltwater! Not a random petco but for sure want to learn more from everyone else here.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back