New Maxspect jump and wave engine

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the market for a new return pump and was wondering if the new Maxspect jump return pumps are comparable with the wave engine? It doesn’t seem that coralvue has updated the web page since the release of the new jump line

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the market for a new return pump and was wondering if the new Maxspect jump return pumps are comparable with the wave engine? It doesn’t seem that coralvue has updated the web page since the release of the new jump line

The web page hasn’t been updated because we don’t have an update yet lol
We don’t know if the jump return pumps or any of the jump line will be compatible with the Wave Engine.
Rest assured as soon as we know something we will definitely post it up ASAP. :)

OP
OP
Jseimo

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The web page hasn’t been updated because we don’t have an update yet lol
We don’t know if the jump return pumps or any of the jump line will be compatible with the Wave Engine.
Rest assured as soon as we know something we will definitely post it up ASAP. :)

I look forward to an update. I decided to go with the maxspect jump 6k return pump and it would be fantastic if I could add it to the wave engine.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked with the man behind the curtain and he’s say not currently. I don’t know if it will always be this way or not ‍.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked with the man behind the curtain and he’s say not currently. I don’t know if it will always be this way or not ‍.

Thanks for the update. Do you have idea if support will be added later? Is that up to Maxspect or up to CoralVue to make it happen?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are not but some of us have been requesting it.
I bet it will happen eventually, I just think the Control 2 & 4 are taking up much of their time right now.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Do you have idea if support will be added later? Is that up to Maxspect or up to CoralVue to make it happen?
It’s more up to Maxspect I’m sure because I know Coralvue is open to work with Manufacturers.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not but some of us have been requesting it.
I bet it will happen eventually, I just think the Control 2 & 4 are taking up much of their time right now.
True but Manufacturers have to be willing also. Not saying Maxspect isn’t .... but as of right now this is still up in the air.

NewCaliCaptives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to revive an old thread but isn’t the jump gyre the same as the icecap gyres that are compatible? The unit is identical, even manufactured at the same place. Since the pump itself is just hardware, i would put all my cards on it working with the Wave Engine.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to revive an old thread but isn’t the jump gyre the same as the icecap gyres that are compatible? The unit is identical, even manufactured at the same place. Since the pump itself is just hardware, i would put all my cards on it working with the Wave Engine.
They are all made by Maxspect but it does not mean they are identical. I think the Red Sea ones are also made by them.

Also do not believe jump pumps are compatible with the WE. Could just be a different cable and also it is possible they could work with some DYI skills but I have no idea since I own no Jump pumps.

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back