OP
OP
NGSM Hoops

NGSM Hoops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone. It has been about 6 years. When I moved it was just easier to sell everything instead of moving everything. I got back to reefing after I took my kids to Sea World, LOL. A lot has changed since than. I am currently in the process of installing a Red Sea Reef Mat. I am changing filter socks every 2-3 days. The only dilemma I have is I have a Waterbox Sump that has a back chamber where the overflow drains to and from there it overflows into the filter sock compartment. I have two main drains, an emergency drain and the heaters and the water from my UV sterilizer is pumped into there. I wish I would have read about automatic filter rollers before I set up my tank. I was thinking about funneling the water into the Reef Mat, but I am not sure if it would work. I read in this forum that someone was also thinking about doing something like that. The other other option I have is to tee the two main drains into the Reef Mat, leave the emergency drain in the back chamber since it is just that an emergency drain and still have the water from the UV pumped there since the water is filtered and it can just overflow back into the filter sock compartment. As for the heaters I can just move them somewhere else in the sump. Any other ideas that may be better?

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world.
H8VECcFiTCylIqSp-MdpRw.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone. It has been about 6 years. When I moved it was just easier to sell everything instead of moving everything. I got back to reefing after I took my kids to Sea World, LOL. A lot has changed since than. I am currently in the process of installing a Red Sea Reef Mat. I am changing filter socks every 2-3 days. The only dilemma I have is I have a Waterbox Sump that has a back chamber where the overflow drains to and from there it overflows into the filter sock compartment. I have two main drains, an emergency drain and the heaters and the water from my UV sterilizer is pumped into there. I wish I would have read about automatic filter rollers before I set up my tank. I was thinking about funneling the water into the Reef Mat, but I am not sure if it would work. I read in this forum that someone was also thinking about doing something like that. The other other option I have is to tee the two main drains into the Reef Mat, leave the emergency drain in the back chamber since it is just that an emergency drain and still have the water from the UV pumped there since the water is filtered and it can just overflow back into the filter sock compartment. As for the heaters I can just move them somewhere else in the sump. Any other ideas that may be better?
I have no experience but I’ve read multiple threads where people have ditched their waterbox sump socks and replaced with the filter rollers ( I only read these threads because I can’t keep myself off of Waterbox’s website looking at their 110 gallon). I would post the question in the right place and I’m sure you will get the answer you’re looking for. It’s been done multiple times and I don’t recall people complaining it is difficult. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
NGSM Hoops

NGSM Hoops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience but I’ve read multiple threads where people have ditched their waterbox sump socks and replaced with the filter rollers ( I only read these threads because I can’t keep myself off of Waterbox’s website looking at their 110 gallon). I would post the question in the right place and I’m sure you will get the answer you’re looking for. It’s been done multiple times and I don’t recall people complaining it is difficult. Good luck and Merry Christmas.
I appreciate the feedback

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back