New Nano Experience

ldmiller8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting follow hobbyist, I would like to introduce myself and give you guys a firsthand experience from newbie what my saltwater Nano setup. My name is Lance and im currently reside in MD. I have a total of 15 years experience in freshwater and this is my 1st attempt at establishing a reef system in my home. Previously, I posted a project that I was plan on taking on however, with the dimensions and the weight of a 180 gal tank setup, I had to re-assess my plan and consider something more reasonable that I could setup in my kitchen area. I do plan on doing a 180gal reef tank in the future once I’ve finished my basement. Here is the link to that project that was in the planning stage.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/139523-project-180-a.html

Now on to the good stuff, figuring out my placement area I’ve decided to go with the Innovative NUVO 30L system. A custom built wood stand with the assistance of some club members from Rockville Woodworking Supplies at Woodcraft ? Woodworking Store in Rockville, MD. I’m also going to setup a separate refugium system. Currently I’m deployed oversea in the middle east so I don’t have any pictures available however, most of the equipment has been shipped to my house and I will likely update this thread upon my arrival within a few weeks with pictures. Since this is my first marine aquarium I will also be filming YouTube videos of my progress for information proposes.
Here is the last of equipment that I have so far:

Innovative Marine 30L NUVO Fusion Nano Aquarium (Tank Only)
Eheim 1250 Universal Pump (320 GPH)
Bubble Magus Curve 5 In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate
Trigger Systems Emerald 26 Sump
AquaticLife EDGE LED Aquarium Light Fixture 36â€
BRS 5 Stage Water Saver PLUS RO/DI System - 150GPD
EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wES Propeller Pump w/ Wireless EcoSMART Driver
Coralife Digital Thermometer
Marine Depot Aquarium Pro Refract meter
Instant Ocean Sea Test Hydrometer
Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container

Stay tune for pictures.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back