• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m not a super zoa grower but I do keep tabs on the latest prices online, eBay, locally, R2R, etc. However sometimes I get behind with more important things so I’d like some second opinions!

I recently purchased a wild zoa ‘mini colony’, if you will from a high end zoa guy. He said it was the first of its kind (although similar to Scarface, gold maul, and speckled kraks) he said it was NFS. Knowing this I had to buy it, in which I did. Anyhow... I got it, made sure it acclimated alright and setup a different post making sure I wasn’t duped. I paid high high $$$ for this frag, and in my opinion it was worth it as they are probably the most bright zoas I've seen, online and in person. Upon some others review in my Paly ID post, these are truly unbranded (for the next month) until i name them and feel better about fragging then selling.

I've picked up quite some interest on them, although I am extremely biased. Please throw some high and low balls out there as to what youd pay, or ones similar go for etc. Curious to your opinions. I have an idea what id like to put them at, and have that climb or tank ;) dependent on the demand as well.

Thanks for the help!!!
C24C4448-E20E-433A-A721-88A9FA4B281A.jpeg
3AFCB736-C7C3-42A5-A512-0F05E84CA46E.jpeg
E37FC970-F02F-4D4C-97A8-4EC602977083.jpeg
B9FFFB58-64B1-4422-A6F4-0D0729E5FBD9.jpeg
07AC70A9-5BA4-4299-8E9C-5AC3F1CA569F.jpeg
E4D30F87-FADB-4985-9754-98D32F0A0F7D.jpeg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are very pretty, but being a hobbyist, you won’t be able to get the high prices that vendors are able to command for these types of zoas. My suggestion is to go to the livestock selling forum, search those names you found were similar, find at least 5-10 prices for each name, and average them for a price per polyp. That’s always what I do when I’m trying to price a zoa and it’s never let me down so far, I always have very happy customers! You’ll also be able to make a better sale if you can create packs, because $40 shipping and a missed day at work to recieve the package usually isn’t worth it for 1 zoa frag. Keep your audience in mind!

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are very pretty, but being a hobbyist, you won’t be able to get the high prices that vendors are able to command for these types of zoas. My suggestion is to go to the livestock selling forum, search those names you found were similar, find at least 5-10 prices for each name, and average them for a price per polyp. That’s always what I do when I’m trying to price a zoa and it’s never let me down so far, I always have very happy customers! You’ll also be able to make a better sale if you can create packs, because $40 shipping and a missed day at work to recieve the package usually isn’t worth it for 1 zoa frag. Keep your audience in mind!
Gotcha gotcha, I do try to only keep the high end stuff lol but as far as high dollar packs yk like Illuminati, nightmare (nobody probably wants both), grim reapers, AOI, pink zipper, etc I’m trying to get some more on my hands and I’m definitely looking a month or two out but, I figure packs are better as you said. Lemme go talk to my guy and buy another NFS one to add to it lol! Would you do like high end with high end or high end and low end or what. I’ll definitely do some more livestock searching on here while they grow some more.

Thanks for the help, again! o_O;Bookworm;Spiderman;Hilarious

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha gotcha, I do try to only keep the high end stuff lol but as far as high dollar packs yk like Illuminati, nightmare (nobody probably wants both), grim reapers, AOI, pink zipper, etc I’m trying to get some more on my hands and I’m definitely looking a month or two out but, I figure packs are better as you said. Lemme go talk to my guy and buy another NFS one to add to it lol! Would you do like high end with high end or high end and low end or what. I’ll definitely do some more livestock searching on here while they grow some more.

Thanks for the help, again! o_O;Bookworm;Spiderman;Hilarious
I would definitely try to keep things available to hobbyists. If I were to buy some of these from you, I’d probably want to grab 5-10 frags (maybe even free shipping at a certain $$? That has definitely pushed me to spend more) and I won’t want any fast growers like scrambled eggs with it. I think for this zoa in particular, good pairings would be zoas anywhere from $50-$100 for a 1-3 polyp frag such as Hyper Jubilee, Rainbow Troll, Rainbow Rhino, AOI, Exosphere, Grim Reaper, Medusa, etc.

Selling as a pack isn’t a great idea, but listing a bunch of zoas at once and allowing the buyer to create their own pack is a very good strategy to make sure your frags sell quickly and the buyer is happy with all involved.

I experienced many issues when I tried to sell pre-made packs, such as people requesting to remove a frag, substitute, price drops, additions, etc. It’s much easier for me and the buyer to list the frags individually and throw them all into the same box as a pack. I like to give pack discounts (like 20% off for 4+ frags), free shipping at a certain amount, and freebies; I find that I get lots of repeat customers this way and great reviews which is really helpful as a new seller who needs to establish her authenticity and trustworthiness :)

OP
OP
PBnJOnWheat

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely try to keep things available to hobbyists. If I were to buy some of these from you, I’d probably want to grab 5-10 frags (maybe even free shipping at a certain $$? That has definitely pushed me to spend more) and I won’t want any fast growers like scrambled eggs with it. I think for this zoa in particular, good pairings would be zoas anywhere from $50-$100 for a 1-3 polyp frag such as Hyper Jubilee, Rainbow Troll, Rainbow Rhino, AOI, Exosphere, Grim Reaper, Medusa, etc.

Selling as a pack isn’t a great idea, but listing a bunch of zoas at once and allowing the buyer to create their own pack is a very good strategy to make sure your frags sell quickly and the buyer is happy with all involved.

I experienced many issues when I tried to sell pre-made packs, such as people requesting to remove a frag, substitute, price drops, additions, etc. It’s much easier for me and the buyer to list the frags individually and throw them all into the same box as a pack. I like to give pack discounts (like 20% off for 4+ frags), free shipping at a certain amount, and freebies; I find that I get lots of repeat customers this way and great reviews which is really helpful as a new seller who needs to establish her authenticity and trustworthiness :)
Lol gotcha gotcha, I have most of those listed but I’ll try and cop some more goodies for the list. I like that actually, avoiding pre made packs and just doing like you said, 4+ for a % discount or $50 or $100 or something similar.

I love to do free shipping simply because well, when buying it helps a lot. I won’t buy one item from someone (unless it’s like a HG or something super insane) if I have to pay shipping. Feels wrong, feels illegal. If it helps I’ve sold torches several times (first purchase was shipping to Washington state lol) from the east coast. RIP. No losses so zoas shouldn’t be too tricky. 5-10 frags sounds pretty reasonable and just list them individually but on the same thread and let people pick and choose sorta thing. Definitely gonna need to pickup some more big colonies so

low key about to search up ur selling threads to see how it’s done ;Woot;Singing I typically run off eBay but I’ve done both.

Let’s say you did consider a hefty purchase, what would you say seems like a cool :cool: price for a polyp of those? I also plan to post my ‘grow out discs’ for interpretation and feedback tomorrow or the next day!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol gotcha gotcha, I have most of those listed but I’ll try and cop some more goodies for the list. I like that actually, avoiding pre made packs and just doing like you said, 4+ for a % discount or $50 or $100 or something similar.

I love to do free shipping simply because well, when buying it helps a lot. I won’t buy one item from someone (unless it’s like a HG or something super insane) if I have to pay shipping. Feels wrong, feels illegal. If it helps I’ve sold torches several times (first purchase was shipping to Washington state lol) from the east coast. RIP. No losses so zoas shouldn’t be too tricky. 5-10 frags sounds pretty reasonable and just list them individually but on the same thread and let people pick and choose sorta thing. Definitely gonna need to pickup some more big colonies so

low key about to search up ur selling threads to see how it’s done ;Woot;Singing I typically run off eBay but I’ve done both.

Let’s say you did consider a hefty purchase, what would you say seems like a cool :cool: price for a polyp of those? I also plan to post my ‘grow out discs’ for interpretation and feedback tomorrow or the next day!
Idk what I’d pay for these honestly. I’m very against paying more than $60 for one polyp, especially if I buy a pack. Single polyps are just super fragile and teeny tiny, so much can happen. If you’ve got a bunch of the other ones I mentioned, I’m a very eager buyer :)

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at threads by Mateusz, I like the way he sets up his sale threads. I sell mostly by commission (people just PM me and ask for stuff) or on my local forum, since there’s a huge reefing community here and I’d like to avoid shipping if I can help it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back