OP
Tkipl

Tkipl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally started the scape ... work in progress...

unnamed 7.jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

Petmalu Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
humm where would you put another? -
just filled up as a test. Generally works well apart from I have a very slow drip from a threaded fitting on the right hand tank - drained, re-taped and tried again and still dripping - may need to replace the fitting, if not this part then the thread on the bulkhead is dodgy. :rolleyes:
The same thing happened to me. I'm getting a small drip at the threaded fitting at the bottom of my mixing station. I picked up some thread sealant in addition to re-taping it. I'm hoping it stops it.

OP
OP
Tkipl

Tkipl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same thing happened to me. I'm getting a small drip at the threaded fitting at the bottom of my mixing station. I picked up some thread sealant in addition to re-taping it. I'm hoping it stops it.

I realised I had used a 1" fitting instead of 25mm (0.4mm difference) so I changed that out (thanks to the union this was easy enough) ... it still leaked a tiny amount but actually sealed itself in the end, I went to fix up with silicone and realized it had stopped. good luck!

OP
OP
Tkipl

Tkipl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, quick update due. nearly 4 weeks since the tank got wet. lights are up. Fully cycled within a week or 2 with Dr Tims, great stuff but will go slow on the bioload. I'm now fully automated with AWC (6L/day) and ATO (around 5-6L/day) via ecotech's Versas.

I introduced 2 clowns after 2 weeks observation in QT. I have 2x Pyramid Butterflyfish who are now in their 2nd week of QT, treated with one dose of Prazio and now at therapeutic level of copper (Cupramine) .. still eating well and looking great though one may have developed minor Lympho which I read is common for these guys in QT but manageable with good water quality and food.

plan to start adding cleanup crew (hermits & trochus) the next week or so, unfortunately I don't have the space for a separate QT so will have to scrub and rinse as best as possible before straight into the DT.

Still to to:
Battery backup
additional redundancy on the AWC & ATO + water leak sensor
plumbing chiller in time for summer & considering UV

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
4.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad the BF's made it through QT! love the scape. did you cement the two islands or just super glue?

after a long, long wait finally got my 650P. still not wet tho. stop by my build thread and say hi if you feel like it.

OP
OP
Tkipl

Tkipl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad the BF's made it through QT! love the scape. did you cement the two islands or just super glue?

after a long, long wait finally got my 650P. still not wet tho. stop by my build thread and say hi if you feel like it.

well - all was going well but I think my QT process wasn't rigorous enough as I am now seeing signs of Ich in the DT! .. something slipped though. anyway not to worry, now the system is stable i can still have some fun populating with corals. I aim to catch the fish over the next few days and start QT and fallow period. Live and learn, luckily i'm in no rush.

The islands are mostly just stacked with some cement in a few spots, its hard to see from that angle but the structure is pretty solid. the island on the right (low flow end) is 90% one piece of rock anyway.

will pop over to your thread!

OP
OP
Tkipl

Tkipl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good. how long have you have the chromis in there. I bet it looks cool seeing them school together. any aggression?
They’re going great so far - there are 15, all have done 3 weeks in QT and another 3 in the DT now I’ve not seen much in the way of aggression, likely dispersed among them. They are small now but I’m aware that as they grow I may need to remove some, if they stay at 15 that is...

I also have added a lawnmower blenny and I have a foxface in QT for observation, I’ve got a bit of hair algae that needs taking care of.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back