Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1579073001090.jpg

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed second lamp this weekend, and worked on cutting a bit of the birdnest......... ended up with removing about 90% of it...(will be good media for CArx) will do more complete measurement this weekend. As for adding 2 more to my setup, it is the plan. I spoke with the seller, Oliver, and he assured me I could buy only the lamps as add-on, without the controller; it will probably wait for late summer though. I will go more into the controller too. It seams to have a wide variety of possible configurations: going from seasons simulation, moonlight time offset, algae elimination, acclimation, and so on. One thing to know, on the controller, is that even though you can have 4 lamps on it, it will not control a lamp individually. So if you want stronger light for some SPS on 1 side of the tank, and less light for softies on the other side, you would need different controllers.
I
Hi I am looking to change my old maxspect razor 420r (have 1 x 160w & 2 x 120w over 180gal mixed reef) and I was looking the popbloom rs90 (I know, chinese light) which looks a lot like the RS reefled90, but at half the price and without wifi (I dont need, once my light are programmed, I dont change it). anyone had the chance to try em yet? If the specs indicated are like indicated, it would be awesome at around 850$cad for 4 light.
hi. I’m very new to the saltwater aquarium. I have a 4ft 150g DT. I’ve purchased 3 Rs90 leds as starters. Can you help me with optimal settings . At the moment I only have fish.
thanks

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, since you dont have corals now, you can put any setting you like. Personally, I prefer the 4 seasons setting. Maybe change to slow acclimation when you add some corals.

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good news! I should receive the wifi board in about 2-3 weeks time. It IS shipped now (for testing purpose). will be able to test and show what its like when I receive it. looks like they will have a new model name for those wifi lamps, Hertz RL90; and the boards should be available as an upgrade to actual owners of RS90! dont have a release date yet, but we are getting near it, thats for sure!

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, since you dont have corals now, you can put any setting you like. Personally, I prefer the 4 seasons setting. Maybe change to slow acclimation when you add some corals.
That’s what I’ve done. I’m very new to it so I’m playing with the lights and channels to see how things work and look. I believe I will have to be more specific once I start to reef. I’ve ordered a couple of orphek led bars to supplement popblooms. Thanks for replying.

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok quick update, I received the wifi board from Oliver on monday, just had time to install it today and do some quick tests (and clean my very dirty lamp...). Here some pics of the process.
20221021_115214.jpg
no burn mark on the lens after 1.5 years of running 100%, that is good news.
20221021_115221.jpg
1.5 years of accumulated salt and dust...heatsink was prety hot to the tpuch, this might be the cause, fins are almost blocked. I guess a yearly cleanup can be important if you dont want your lamp to overheat.
20221021_115342.jpg
led panel is pristine, no discoloration or darkening.
20221021_115705.jpg
thats the new board
20221021_120006.jpg
other side, got the fan connection on the bottom right and the 8 pins that connect to led driver
20221021_120018.jpg
remove the old controller board with its cable. Install the new board in its place.
20221021_120200.jpg
if your lamp is dirty like mine, take a few minute to clean it up. Vinegar clean with brush and distilled water rince worked well. Careful not to wet electronics side.
20221021_120439.jpg
better, like new.
20221021_121707.jpg
once you put power to the lamp, it automatically goes into discovery mode (blue light flashing quickly). tuya app was quick to discover and connect.
Screenshot_20221021-123524_Tuya Smart.jpg

Will do some more testing today, take more pics etc. Looks prety good. Interface is easy to understand.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok quick update, I received the wifi board from Oliver on monday, just had time to install it today and do some quick tests (and clean my very dirty lamp...). Here some pics of the process.
20221021_115214.jpg
no burn mark on the lens after 1.5 years of running 100%, that is good news.
20221021_115221.jpg
1.5 years of accumulated salt and dust...heatsink was prety hot to the tpuch, this might be the cause, fins are almost blocked. I guess a yearly cleanup can be important if you dont want your lamp to overheat.
20221021_115342.jpg
led panel is pristine, no discoloration or darkening.
20221021_115705.jpg
thats the new board
20221021_120006.jpg
other side, got the fan connection on the bottom right and the 8 pins that connect to led driver
20221021_120018.jpg
remove the old controller board with its cable. Install the new board in its place.
20221021_120200.jpg
if your lamp is dirty like mine, take a few minute to clean it up. Vinegar clean with brush and distilled water rince worked well. Careful not to wet electronics side.
20221021_120439.jpg
better, like new.
20221021_121707.jpg
once you put power to the lamp, it automatically goes into discovery mode (blue light flashing quickly). tuya app was quick to discover and connect.
Screenshot_20221021-123524_Tuya Smart.jpg

Will do some more testing today, take more pics etc. Looks prety good. Interface is easy to understand.
Does the fan has variable speed now? That is a feature i really miss. I run the light at max 40% (nano tank), i'm pretty sure the 100% fanspeed is way overkill for my situation.
Was even thinking about implementing a fan controller, i have one in my computer i can miss.

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the fan has variable speed now? That is a feature i really miss. I run the light at max 40% (nano tank), i'm pretty sure the 100% fanspeed is way overkill for my situation.
Was even thinking about implementing a fan controller, i have one in my computer i can miss.
as oliver explained "..., the fan-signal is PWM, but the fan is not PWM controlled." the problem is the fan itself, you would have to replace it with a PWM controlled fan to achieve that. He talked about maybe an upgrade for next hardware version of the lamps. maybe @Oliver@DSunY can chime in with an update on that?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as oliver explained "..., the fan-signal is PWM, but the fan is not PWM controlled." the problem is the fan itself, you would have to replace it with a PWM controlled fan to achieve that. He talked about maybe an upgrade for next hardware version of the lamps. maybe @Oliver@DSunY can chime in with an update on that?
By the way, if i remember correct there is also no thermal protection on board right? If the fan goes the light will burn itself down?

OP
OP
alain Bouchard

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, if i remember correct there is also no thermal protection on board right? If the fan goes the light will burn itself down?
its mean that it "can" burn itself out. I mean, does the fan make it a life or death difference on the heatsink? not sure, its pretty big piece of heatsink. I can say that the accumulated dust and gunk on my lamp already blocked most of the air circulation between the fins; yes, it was hot, but still working perfectly and nowhere near being a hazard to circuitry.

CF0581

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its mean that it "can" burn itself out. I mean, does the fan make it a life or death difference on the heatsink? not sure, its pretty big piece of heatsink. I can say that the accumulated dust and gunk on my lamp already blocked most of the air circulation between the fins; yes, it was hot, but still working perfectly and nowhere near being a hazard to circuitry.

Good evening Alain, this is Christian from Germany. I have now read through the 17 pages here and would like to ask you for your honest opinion. I currently use 3x AI Prime 16Hd on my pool. But would like more power. Are you still satisfied with the RS90? When are the app controls coming, etc. Are the lamps good and quiet? Thank you, best regards Christian

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no fan-speed in Hertz RL90, due to there is only 4 PWM signal in Tuya wifi module and all 4 channels have to work for LED brightness.

Maybe a new fan is a nessary component in wifi updata package.

Please there are some stickers in the package I send to you. (write: hertz RL90....)
it used to cover the hole after removeing the cords.

CF0581

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no fan-speed in Hertz RL90, due to there is only 4 PWM signal in Tuya wifi module and all 4 channels have to work for LED brightness.

Maybe a new fan is a nessary component in wifi updata package.

Please there are some stickers in the package I send to you. (write: hertz RL90....)
it used to cover the hole after removeing the cords.

Hello Oliver, can you tell me when completely new lamps will come onto the market? Or is there no new lamp and I have to buy and convert the RS90? Thanks, greetings Christian

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the wifi version (Hertz RL90 ) is developing.
I have no time schedule at this moment. I can sure there is no launch before end of this year.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back