NEW REDSEA REEFER NANO

eamm97

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
51
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, here is my very first saltwater tank. I’m very excited!!! I’ve wanted to start one for years now and I finally did.

Any advice for a new reefer? Especially on how to deal with diatoms? I’m on week 4 now and it’s starting to explode!

9D9BD25A-373D-4504-ACA4-FE0A5864411A.jpeg 49E6ED67-428B-4564-ABB7-D38C833DA994.jpeg 4D33517B-71AD-42F2-B030-AC3477D570DB.jpeg 75BDBDA1-A7D5-4C14-8C1C-830AABC10F92.jpeg
 
Diatoms require silicate to thrive. Once it's been used up, and you don't add more, then they will go away. It's just one of the ugly phases.
 
Diatoms require silicate to thrive. Once it's been used up, and you don't add more, then they will go away. It's just one of the ugly phases.
Okay! Good to hear!! Thank you
 
Nice looking nano, any updates?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new