NEW REDSEA REEFER NANO

eamm97

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
51
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, here is my very first saltwater tank. I’m very excited!!! I’ve wanted to start one for years now and I finally did.

Any advice for a new reefer? Especially on how to deal with diatoms? I’m on week 4 now and it’s starting to explode!

9D9BD25A-373D-4504-ACA4-FE0A5864411A.jpeg 49E6ED67-428B-4564-ABB7-D38C833DA994.jpeg 4D33517B-71AD-42F2-B030-AC3477D570DB.jpeg 75BDBDA1-A7D5-4C14-8C1C-830AABC10F92.jpeg
 
Diatoms require silicate to thrive. Once it's been used up, and you don't add more, then they will go away. It's just one of the ugly phases.
 
Diatoms require silicate to thrive. Once it's been used up, and you don't add more, then they will go away. It's just one of the ugly phases.
Okay! Good to hear!! Thank you
 
Nice looking nano, any updates?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new