New tank finally arrived

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to start by thanking everyone here for their gracious welcome a few weeks ago. I am very excited to be back in this amazing and sometimes frustrating hobby.

Ok. So after a long six week wait, my Red Sea Max E170 finally arrived. (Dang backorder, but scored the upgraded lights for old models price, so worth the wait.) It arrived last Monday afternoon and I immediately started setting up. Thankfully I was off from work last week and got to stay home and play. It’s an AIO so set up was pretty fast and easy.
Ive been out of the hobby now for so long I’m considering myself a complete noob. So much forgotten and so many changes over the years. It’s been at least 15 years since I set up a new tank and 10 since lost it after a more than week power outage due to a storm.
Added so far:
Jabao sow-8 wave maker
Duetto ATO
Heater
40lbs Fiji pink sand
40ish lbs Caribsea Life Rick
( Light, skimmer and return pump are included with the tank)

As far as getting the cycle started, I went the Dr. Tim’s route and added ammonia and One and Only.

After a week, the ammonia is dropping and the nitrites raised and started to drop, and nitrates rising. I’m trying to follow the Dr Tims instructions as closely as possible. Already some weird white string/ hair type things starting to grow in spots on the rock.
Now just sitting back and very impatiently letting things happen and run their course.

I’ll post more as thing develop and if anyone has any recommendations, comments, criticism or advise, please feel free, I’m all ears.

DCF92A7C-8621-4821-86C0-02A91EA1F453.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back