New tank finally arrived

Leemcg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
115
Reaction score
321
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to start by thanking everyone here for their gracious welcome a few weeks ago. I am very excited to be back in this amazing and sometimes frustrating hobby.

Ok. So after a long six week wait, my Red Sea Max E170 finally arrived. (Dang backorder, but scored the upgraded lights for old models price, so worth the wait.) It arrived last Monday afternoon and I immediately started setting up. Thankfully I was off from work last week and got to stay home and play. It’s an AIO so set up was pretty fast and easy.
Ive been out of the hobby now for so long I’m considering myself a complete noob. So much forgotten and so many changes over the years. It’s been at least 15 years since I set up a new tank and 10 since lost it after a more than week power outage due to a storm.
Added so far:
Jabao sow-8 wave maker
Duetto ATO
Heater
40lbs Fiji pink sand
40ish lbs Caribsea Life Rick
( Light, skimmer and return pump are included with the tank)

As far as getting the cycle started, I went the Dr. Tim’s route and added ammonia and One and Only.

After a week, the ammonia is dropping and the nitrites raised and started to drop, and nitrates rising. I’m trying to follow the Dr Tims instructions as closely as possible. Already some weird white string/ hair type things starting to grow in spots on the rock.
Now just sitting back and very impatiently letting things happen and run their course.

I’ll post more as thing develop and if anyone has any recommendations, comments, criticism or advise, please feel free, I’m all ears.

DCF92A7C-8621-4821-86C0-02A91EA1F453.jpeg
 
Looking good!!!
 
Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new