newbie and curious.

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i live in india and i've just started setting up a 150g DT and a 75g sump. ive added live sand and art rock in the main dt with two wave makers and an ato. my sump consists of a one cove i-200 internal protein skimmer, a media reactor, an algae reactor, a bubble magus roller filter, some filter sponges and live rock. i have set another 5g refugium in which im trying to cultivate copepods which i got from the USA. its been a week and my pods seem to be thriving on reef nutritions phyto feast. ive used Brightwell microbacter xlm, microbacter 7 and dr tims one and only live nitrifying bacteria. i use pellets and freeze dried black worms for ammonia in my tank. ive been testing every other day and my ammonia is 0 and my nitrite is 0.1. should i run other tests as well? im a patient guy and i can wait much longer before i add fish to my tank. any advise is welcome concerning my query.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would test for nitrates in a few weeks as well. Once a week should be good for testing for around 4 weeks. Then see if your cycle is done. Good luck!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back