Newbie Here! First Saltwater Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snyder1456
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Snyder1456

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
186
Reaction score
93
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Happy New Year! I'm about to start up a 60 gal tank with a canister (fluval 406) filter. That's all I have so far. I would love to have coral and fish, though I'm not sure yet which ones. I have A LOT of research to do and would appreciate any suggestions or tips on how to setup a new aquarium. I've been reading a ton of information on the web and in this forum, so I guess I will update on what exactly I choose to keep in my aquarium when I figure that out. TIA!
 
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tenor.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!


We're happy to have you as a part of our reefing family! :)
 
I use a 305 on my 29 reef tank. Took out the sponges and filled two trays with pond matrix first tray has filter floss. Just clean it every week and it is trouble free! It also leaves you space to run carbon or phosphate media should you need it.
Ok so the sponges are the foam screens? It came with a big white foam screen in a frame, then a black biofoam in the bottom tray, then a porous macaroni shaped media, followed by 2 trays of carbon pouches... I assumed I'd run it like that at first?
 
welcome

check out the LIRA forum here, very helpful folks and a number of them have great frags at great prices - especially starter corals for newbies. they have a meeting this Friday night.
That's awesome. Thanks for the info
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new