jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest to bring up your Mg to 1360, lower your Ca to 450 to 430 and your alk is a big high to a 8.5 to 8. I run my alk at 8.4, Ca at 445 and my Mg at 1360. Everything else look right on. The anemone looks healthy and if I were going to guess I would say the Anemone is a Ritteri Anemone or a sebae Anemone, I am not sure though:)

OP
OP
V

vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks pjs.
I noticed that both frogspawn and my torch seem to be dying the frogspawn has lost one of four heads ive moved it to adifferent position but i dont have high hopes for it ive got an open top tank and the heat grom the equipment is making my a.t.o pumps a lot of r.o into the system is it possible that its diluting some vital elements in the water things like strontium iodide etc its just a theory but somethings not right my params seem fine unless it is low salinity i was thinking as its dosing so much ro top up i would start putting trace elements in the ro water or replace the ro top up for saltwater for a couple of days what does everybody think.
Thanks.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi zhenya.
Well no more fish, coz the corals fascinate me so much and i recently sold my 8 foot malawi tank, but really miss it, so the future is to get a bigger tank but ive got some learning to do before i upgrade i want to be simplistic like have 3 live rock colonies with some montis growing upwards aswell as the corals i have now i just love the look

What corals do you like?
Zhenya

OP
OP
V

vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i love corals that sway in the current ive got a large anemone frogspawn and a torch but one frogspawn coral is dying 4 heads on it but one head has been stripped to bare skeleton so im assuming the other 3 will follow my params seem ok but i read that the euphiliya family love iodide my calcium is 470 a bit high mag is 1260 and alk is 9.9 phos 0.03 nitrate is reading 0.5ppm i think these are ok.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back