Newby - Red Sea Reefer 350

Rangachick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Australia :)

We have taken the plunge and "invested" in our first marine tank and are super excited at the possibilities that lay ahead.

Here is what we have:
* Red Sea Reefer 350
* Aqua Medic K2 Protein Skimmer
* Eheim UV350 Steriliser
* Aqua Medic Eco Runner 2700 pump
* Maxspect R420r 15000k LED lights
* Eheim Heater

We ran the tank for 3 weeks with no livestock. Once it had stabilised we got 1 clownfish and 2 blue-green chromis who have been perfectly happy and healthy and waderful to watch for hours! Once these had been in the tank for a couple of weeks, we added 2 zombie snails, 2 trochus snails and a hermit crab to start the cleanup crew.

On Thursday (about 6 weeks after the initial fish were introduced) we added a second clownfish, a bengaii cardinal, a zebra-striped dartfish, a starfish and some extra clean-up crew (2 smaller hermit crabs). All appear to have adjusted beautifully and are swimming and eating well.

Attached are a couple of photos of the current set up. Any and all comments or advice most welcome and appreciated.

Tank 1.jpg Sump 1.jpg Fish 1.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Rangachick

Rangachick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you’re off to a great start. I love those maxspect lights. Corals grow great under them.
Thanks! We are still in the "getting to know you" part of the relationship with the lights. From all we have read, they are great lights and will hopefully be what we need moving forward.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! We are still in the "getting to know you" part of the relationship with the lights. From all we have read, they are great lights and will hopefully be what we need moving forward.
I played around with them for quite awhile until I got to that sweet spot. After the ramp up, I run heavier whites then run blues heavier in the last three channels before ramping down.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back