Nice to meet you all

maxfund

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
27
Location
plainfield, Il
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Mike Montgomery. I had aquariums 25 years ago and just got back into the hobby. I have a 90 gallon freshwater tank and a 55 gallon reef tank. First time with corals. They are so brilliantly colored. We just bought a 41 gallon corner tank for mostly coral. We will be setting that up in January. I love these forums. So much information.
B4DC06E0-47C0-4A4E-9F00-85648FB6A2A9.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
My name is Mike Montgomery. I had aquariums 25 years ago and just got back into the hobby. I have a 90 gallon freshwater tank and a 55 gallon reef tank. First time with corals. They are so brilliantly colored. We just bought a 41 gallon corner tank for mostly coral. We will be setting that up in January. I love these forums. So much information.
B4DC06E0-47C0-4A4E-9F00-85648FB6A2A9.jpeg

Hi Mike and Welcome! Glad you returned to hobby and joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Thanks for sharing photo - LOOKING GREAT!

This might help you find people local to you in Plainfield:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
My name is Mike Montgomery. I had aquariums 25 years ago and just got back into the hobby. I have a 90 gallon freshwater tank and a 55 gallon reef tank. First time with corals. They are so brilliantly colored. We just bought a 41 gallon corner tank for mostly coral. We will be setting that up in January. I love these forums. So much information.
B4DC06E0-47C0-4A4E-9F00-85648FB6A2A9.jpeg
Welcome to Reef2Reef! It's definitely a great place. Glad you decided to come back to fish tanks! Enjoy your dive into corals, it's a fun challenge for sure!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new