Nikon D5000 HD Video

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefMP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefMP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
131
Reaction score
144
Location
Springfield, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I prefer a real video camera, however I found a great deal on a D5000 body and since I have a D80 with a few different lenses I'm considering it. What do you guys think of the D5000 HD video capabilities for taking vids of your tanks?
 
Not sure if the D5000's have the same issues, but I know several of the Nikons have the "jelly" effect when moving around and filming. If the camera is stationary/moving slowly, I don't see it being an issue however.
 
Thanks for the input, sorry for the late reply. I ended up picking up a small P&S that I can carry in my pocket when the DSLR is not practical. I got a Kodak SLICE, the HD video feature on it is not too bad for a small camera.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new