Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

Wilson1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think you lost a fish, look in the sump :)

save-new (15).JPG

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supplement “Products” will burn a hole in your pocket/wallet. Go natural and correct/stabilize parameters.

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!

I like customer pictures the most.

BobT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Invest in a QT tank right from the beginning! Don't learn the hard way (like me) how expensive and painful it is to lose almost an entire 90 gallon tank of livestock to Ich . . .

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I’ve gotten is keep your numbers stable, it is not good to be messing around with them especially if you have a reef tank

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always check your pumps/powerheads/magnets/clamps for rust when you clean them. Causes a lot of problems, and if possible always have a spare on hand.

Mike907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best piece of advice. Sheesh, ive gotten a TON of great advice. The BEST tho, had to be to join reef2reef, read up on everything, and ask questions. No matter what someone is facing, someone else has already been there and done that. And a friendly(most of the time, lol), knowledgeable collective of fellow reefers is invaluable.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To calibrate a new heater put it in a pitcher of water with a small pump. The small water volume will heat and cool much more quickly allowing you to nail down the temp in no time.

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus # 1 entry:

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro tip to young reefers:

When the new fandangled light comes out and you see them over tanks in Ads and videos and you go Whoooaaaaa! I need that light! Look at the coral growth and colour!

Just remember young Padawan, those corals didnt grow under those lights. Save your money and trust the decent lights you already bought.
Remember, 5 minutes ago your lights were the, Whoaaa! lights.

If you must upgrade, checkout the Reef2reef dry goods section and get good, almost new stuff from those who didnt follow this advice. Lol

Thor1911

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, the light bracket looks sturdy ND the light well defused

Enigma79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have lots of patience, you are building an ecosystem and it takes time to mature and sustain life. After adding fish give your tank time to increase its ability to process the additional waste from the newly added fish. Ensure that you have a skimmer that is rated for your tank, i always recommend getting a larger skimmer 30g tank get a skimmer rater for 50 to 70g. Don't chase after numbers and don't make too many chemical changes at once by adding multiple nutrients, make a change give it a few days.

Dad Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most lfs are a godsend of information especially to those getting into the hobby like myself ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back