Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U.V. Sterilizer. Find one that best fits and works with your tanks' flow, size, needs. Make sure it'll fir! Have an AIO 40 gal, so my options were limited, but found one, and will never go back! Algae has been cut down, plus using the floss around it like a sock, it keeps my tank crystal clear!
What did you purchase?

Proverbs3:5-6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the help last month with great ideas! You guys were super helpful, and so this month we've taken one of your ideas and decided to hold the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on July 6, 2020! (Last day to enter is July 5th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!
My advice is on the dinoflagellate battle. I beat Dino’s by a one day black out, oversized skimmer, oversized uv sterilizer, and dosing both vibrant and microbacter clean from brightwell. I am still Dino free to this day.

TeJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep up on calibrating any equipment that you use, i.e. your salinity equipment whether it be a digital pen or a refractometer.

Beam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's an expensive hobby, doing research can save us a lot of $$ and avoid stressing or even killing animals.
I've been preparing to set up my next aquarium for more than a year, I estimate that I can save more than $600 simply by doing my research well and by buying at the right time (sales, etc)
also, while planning my fish list, i had to choose between hawkfish and shrimp since hawkfish can sometimes attack shrimp. not having taken the time to do research, or having bought on a whim, i probably would have killed shrimp.

so to me, research and patiences are the keys

NightmareReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AIO tank. I threw a tiny sicce pump in the back to help get the water moving. I don’t hear this tip often, but it’s a good one!

Jwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using a refractometer to check salinity when mixing salt if your water isn’t up to temp the reading will change when you do heat it up so wait till it’s at temp to fine tune or buy a digital version that has temperature compensation

sabel317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best thing I’ve gotten is knowledge is power. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and admit you need help... find groups on Facebook, forums or any other social media and be involved. Whether it’s actively participating in the talk, or just reading to learn what others are going through/ have done/ mistakes/ successes and apply it towards your own reef/tank. It’s the best thing instead of going crazy googling and chasing numbers!

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry: when starting a new tank, work from the bottom of the food chain up. don’t add the next tier until the one below it is stable.

s4ltyDave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best advice is that new argonite sand lowers the KH considerably. In a small tank this could cause RTN/STN

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for more entries!

ReefJunkie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: Best advice given to me was stability is key, don’t chase numbers. I caught myself starting too at one point even tho everything in the tank looked really happy. Did a water change to put my mind at ease, numbers went back down over a couple days and all was well.

ReefJunkie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build thread link:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back