Not your normal mandarin question.

owsley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help..
So I had what I thought was a pair of biota mandarin goby’s. Well turns out as they matured I have two males… I know the simple answer is to just separate them and take one out but my problem is we a 93 gallon and have built an extensive BRS hsna aquascape. So other than a few island rocks, my rock work is one whole piece…. Covered with corals and anemones. The tank itself is also heavily stocked.
So needless to say getting one out is going to be next to impossible without causing any serious stress to the other fish, corals, etc. etc. and that’s even implying that I could actually catch one. There is literally hundreds of nooks and crannies in this Aquascape. So what do I do!!!??
First off is buying/adding females in to the mix a stupid idea? I’ve got more copepods than these guys could ever eat/they are biota and eat prepared.
We do plan on upgrading the tank at some point as we have a few tangs. But that won’t be for 6+ months and they are starting to fight. So at that point we could possibly catch one but until then… ideas!!!????

3FAB507E-D31E-4090-A9E8-AF6571410DEB.jpeg

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they're starting to fight, catch the one that gets pushed away from the rocks and corals. Chances are, you'll find the less dominant one sleeping on the sand by the panels after the lights go out. If you don't have any other obvious chance to net it beforehand, that's when you try.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back