NYOS Dosing question

  • Thread starter Thread starter aus1230
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aus1230

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
315
Reaction score
92
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone I've been tracking my nutrients and I believe after I add some more LPS coral I might be at the point where I need to dose (obviously not 100% on that) but I am just starting to research to be ready when I do. I'm looking at using NYOS ion b to start dosing slowly. I know they have the trace elements that can affect other things like PH and other trace elements. Would it be a good plan to start doing just their Ion B ALK/CAL and then maybe have an ICP test and evaluate how the trace elements look and then dose from there?
 
Alkalinity declining is the sign of when to dose for alk and calcium.

Trace elements can be used most any time that organisms in the tank are growing, whether they use alkalinity and calcium or not.
 
Alkalinity declining is the sign of when to dose for alk and calcium.

Trace elements can be used most any time that organisms in the tank are growing, whether they use alkalinity and calcium or not.
So are you saying that using nyos’ ion trace elements treatment probably doesn’t need a ICP test to see what trace elements I need?
 
So are you saying that using nyos’ ion trace elements treatment probably doesn’t need a ICP test to see what trace elements I need?
I don’t know anything about how it is set up. But other brands, such as Tropic Marin A and K do not.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new