Obligatory new guy post

OMGitsManBearPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
My name is OMGitsManBearPig, or Mr. Pig, or Matt depending on where you find me. I'm based out of West Texas (born and raised.)

Aquariums have been a part of my life for about 20 years of my 31 year existence. I even ran a small cleaning/consulting company for ponds & aquariums (and a few pools) to pay my way through college before 2008 hit and ruined the party for everyone. I now have a "real job" as a financial planner.

While aquarium keeping has nearly always been a part of my life, I've only ever personally kept planted aquariums. I have, however, been responsible for keeping dozens of reefs, ponds, and other show tanks alive and maintained at a time. Just never had my own slice of ocean...

Well... last week I saw a sale on a basic 75 gallon Marineland while picking up some cat food. Long story short: I bought it. Now it's taking up my garage as I anxiously await the parts to get this build off the ground.

I stumbled upon R2R doing some research for this new endeavor. (I've been out of the reef maintenance game for about 8 years , after all... It looks like a lot has changed and a whole lot hasn't.) I figured I had better start contributing rather than my typical MO of "forum lurking."

Cheers, gang. Thanks for the wonderful resource. I'll do my best to add value where I can!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I've notified Al Gore of your presence.
tenor (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

1) I love your username. That episode of South Park was a classic.
2) I’m also in finance only I help primarily wealthy clients use reverse mortgages as financial tools
3) Keep us posted with your build with tons of photos! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the R2R family!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back