Ocean View Artic T247

Coralcrazy06770

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i was just curious if anyone runs these lights? Especially for Sps corals . I know there are quite a few people that swear by them im just trying to see if they really grow sps well or not . Pros Cons thanks for your time .

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them and you can definitely grow SPS. Do not underestimate the par on these lights. On the blue channel I only run 50 on my 75g with 10 white. This leaves me with nearly 250-350 par midway down the tank with the lights on the brackets.

Pros: Cheap, long lasting, better build than typical black box styles, can grow anything, comes with mounting brackets and hanging gear, very quiet, pretty straightforward settings.

Cons: par drops rapidly once you measure spaces not directly underneath the fixture, actinic blue/purple is under the white channel which means you don't get as much coral fluorescence, white is a warmer channel than what I like (I am colorblind so what I see is not what you see), none of the fancy bells and whistles of pricier lights (like ramp up and down, individual color control, etc.

To sum it up, it is a great budget light and there really is not equivalent for the price. However, the poor spread can be an issue for corals in the middle of a tank if you have two set up light mine.

Last edited:

Lizdoesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U mean ocean revive? Yeah I had it over my 40 and it was great w sps. I think it's the best light for the price by far!!! Unfortunately, the par and coverage was very spotty due to poor lens. The par would drastically change from one spot to another an inch away depending on whether u were directly under an led or not. It's not the best for a full sps, but the best for a budget mixed reef tank.

OP
OP
Coralcrazy06770

Coralcrazy06770

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them and you can definitely grow SPS. Do not underestimate the par on these lights. On the blue channel I only run 50 on my 75g with 10 white. This leaves me with nearly 250-350 par midway down the tank with the lights on the brackets.

Pros: Cheap, long lasting, better build than typical black box styles, can grow anything, comes with mounting brackets and hanging gear, very quiet, pretty straightforward settings.

Cons: par drops rapidly once you measure spaces not directly underneath the fixture, actinic blue/purple is under the white channel which means you don't get as much coral fluorescence, white is a warmer channel than what I like (I am colorblind so what I see is not what you see), none of the fancy bells and whistles of pricier lights (like ramp up and down, individual color control, etc.

To sum it up, it is a great budget light and there really is not equivalent for the price. However, the poor spread can be an issue for corals in the middle of a tank if you have two set up light mine.
ok ty

OP
OP
Coralcrazy06770

Coralcrazy06770

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U mean ocean revive? Yeah I had it over my 40 and it was great w sps. I think it's the best light for the price by far!!! Unfortunately, the par and coverage was very spotty due to poor lens. The par would drastically change from one spot to another an inch away depending on whether u were directly under an led or not. It's not the best for a full sps, but the best for a budget mixed reef tank.
ok ty

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back