Office Nano

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my little 8G biocube on my desk now for a few years. currently has a bubble coral, trumpet coral and a clam in it. had a clown, but he passed sadly.
strongly thinking about breaking the tank down, re-homing the critters in the 40B at home, and re-doing the tank from the ground up as a super low maintenance tank.

What do you all think would be good ideas? just keep it a mushroom/zoa garden and fish free?
If i did add a fish it would have to be something that could live for a few days without being fed.
maybe a coral banded shrimp instead? handful of sexy shrimp?

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my little 8G biocube on my desk now for a few years. currently has a bubble coral, trumpet coral and a clam in it. had a clown, but he passed sadly.
strongly thinking about breaking the tank down, re-homing the critters in the 40B at home, and re-doing the tank from the ground up as a super low maintenance tank.

What do you all think would be good ideas? just keep it a mushroom/zoa garden and fish free?
If i did add a fish it would have to be something that could live for a few days without being fed.
maybe a coral banded shrimp instead? handful of sexy shrimp?
Shrimp/goby pair? Not sure about the not eating though.

RIreefGuy

Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3.4 in my home office. It's got a variety of pest coral lol. Xenia GSP Kenya etc. Plus a few other corals. Only fish is a neon dottyback. The can be complete jerks to other fish so this works great. I have a nass snail in there too. Hes pretty awesome to watch and is a star of the show in that size tank. I feed every other day in this tank. Little tanks are fun =) good luck!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back