Opening Fish Store Help Plumbing Tanks

Kenneth's Tropical Fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,
I'm opening a fish store and have been building my custom acrylic tanks for my store and I want to make sure my plumbing is rock solid to prevent issues in the future. I'm looking for a simple system to run nothing super fancy. My tanks are set up on metal racks and will be running three tanks with dividers and one sump at the bottom. Each tank is approximately 73 gallons and each section is roughly 24 gal. Combined total system volume is 292 Gallons. I need help with how to run my plumbing and what size I should go with for my bulkheads and pipes. In addition I want to make sure I'm running the correct size pump for this system. Many thanks to you master builders I'm still learning

Plumping for Tanks Compressed.jpg

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more worried about them busting at the seams. 1 your going to be in and out of them all the time. 2 they look real thin on the acrylic 3 no euro bracing they'll warp on you bad. Before you even plumb I'd fill for a few weeks first.

OP
OP
K

Kenneth's Tropical Fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more worried about them busting at the seams. 1 your going to be in and out of them all the time. 2 they look real thin on the acrylic 3 no euro bracing they'll warp on you bad. Before you even plumb I'd fill for a few weeks first.
They arent done yet I need to order plumbing ahead of time takes about a week to get to me. All tanks will have euro bracing and the thickness is 1/4 which Ive confirmed is adaquate for the setup Im running.

Back