Optimal Radion settings?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions. I am having a real problem with SPS. I lost all my one frag. All turned white...could be a seperate issue, but I want to get an optimal setting. Right now, I have the overall intensity of 50%. Whites max out at 38% for two or three hours. Blues are around 80%, red and green maybe 5-10%. UV 85%. My tank is 72x28x22. Lights are on an RMS mount across the tank. They are about 10" of the tank. I am currently running three of them. One of my lobos also started to bleach. The rock work goes (at the highest) to about 18" inside the tank. SPS are mounted around the height. LPS are mid to sandbed.

itwired

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely your lights are set to high. IF this are the radion pro they are extremely powerful. I personally am using apex to control them so its a little different. I would recommend getting a par meter from your local reefer group and find out what your par ratings are during each light cycle

itwired

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would still get par meter. When you have low light things don't bleach they usually don't grow. High light usually bakes the stuff aka bleaching. Just my 2 cents I am by far not an expert. :)

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My first question would be, did you use the acclimation program when you set up the Radions?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Are you using a preset program?
If not I would.

How long of a acclimation period did you use?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, your total intensity is at 50%, you said. I have mine at 65% for a mixed softy/LPS. Corals were acclimated for 2 weeks, maybe a little short, but it also depends on what lighting was used previously. So I would go out on a limb and say it may not be the lights that's creating the bleaching.

Might be other factors, like salt, dosing, age of the tank, or a combination of things.
Wish I had more for you.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You know, I did switch salt mix. I went from Tropic Marin Pro to Red Sea Coral Pro.

I haven't heard anything bad about either. Both are suppose to be very good.
Maybe the switch was too much, too fast?
IDK.

Back