Orphek OR3 Directly on Lid

  • Thread starter Thread starter rcpiv93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rcpiv93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
280
Reaction score
251
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Proclear200. I’m currently running two Nicrew200s. I’ve just added an Orphek OR3 for supplemental light. I would like to focus most of the light on my SPS, so I don’t want the light too high and too diffused. Is it ok to sit the light directly on top of my TopLids cover? That places the light about two inches above the water line.
 
I have a Proclear200. I’m currently running two Nicrew200s. I’ve just added an Orphek OR3 for supplemental light. I would like to focus most of the light on my SPS, so I don’t want the light too high and too diffused. Is it ok to sit the light directly on top of my TopLids cover? That places the light about two inches above the water line.
That should be ok. But consult with them if it's compatible with their Aura acrylic mounts.
 
Orpheks have narrow lenses and are made to be mounted high.
 
I've got mine about 4" above the water line. They do have narrow lenses but it's easy to remove those. Happy I did.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new