Which would you mount 6 Orphek Or3 Bars in?!

• DAY UV BLUE DAY UV BLUE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BLUE DAY UV UV DAY BLUE

• DAY BLUE UV UV BLUE DAY

• UV DAY BLUE DAY BLUE UV

• DAY BLUE UV BLUE UV DAY

• A different order (leave in the comments)

• Total voters

cloud9aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reef junkies! I've decided to chase the dragon when it comes to eliminating shadowing on my sps for growth... and selfish viewing purposes. I currently run (3) Hydra 32HD's with diffusers over my 48x24x16 (depth) and have great growth and coloration coming in. However, the shadowing still leaves something to be desired especially when you contrast front viewing vs top down. While this isn't an issue currently, I wanted to get ahead of it so everything grows in nice and compact. I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of Orphek Or3 bars to supplement when the Osix dropped.... GAME CHANGER. Soooo now I have 6 (120) Or3's on the way hahaha 2 Blue Plus, 2 Reef Day Plus, 2 UV/Violet. Im mounting them with the Universal Bar, hanging kit, and may also use their angling brackets on the end bars to tilt them back in towards the tank slightly if it doesnt look janky.

The question is: WHAT ORDER DO I WANT TO PUT THEM IN?!
20230422_224706.jpg

Is this completely semantics and will make zero difference... most likely but still... Vote and then tell me your most in depth, overthought, geeked out reasoning... annnnnnd go!

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you happy with them? I’m looking in to getting 2 bars to supplement my 3x Hydra 32’s with diffusers as well
I’m running 2 of the Blue Plus OR3’s to supplement my Hydra 64’s without diffusers. They definitely add quite a bit of nice color for sure, you’ll be happy with them. I do wish I went with the 48” instead of the 36” though… I also have a OR3 bar only setup on a newly built system. Had to turn them down a lot and still hitting 120 PAR on the sand. Really enjoy the OR3’s.

Attachments

• IMG_3883.jpeg
    IMG_3883.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 48

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Multiples of everything I like to stagger 1:1..Generally I would put the daylights more towards the center of the tank

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back