Other Hobbies?

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, the core hobbies outside of reefing are fast/muscle cars, guns, adventure bikes, metalworking, and I guess I'd have to include tacos here. :) I also seem to have a rotating menagerie of hobbies that I come back to from time to time...which is to say I like them but am not particularly good at them. Those would be primarily (astro)photography, acoustic guitar, recreational flying, and drag/road course racing.

Side note: if any of you are considering hopping on an adventure bike and riding up through Canada and Alaska to the Arctic Ocean...GO! Do it now! You'll not regret it.

Ryan Turner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I brew beer and my girlfriend is a wine maker. I also build race cars/engines and ride motorcycles. I used to perform at MX freestyle events but the hospital bills add up real quick. So now I just ride street bikes and harleys. oh yea and guns. cant forget that.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have a few different hobbies haha they're all family oriented.

Race Car: 91 foxbody coupe with an LS swap, 88mm turbo, turbo 400 manual shift, E85, 1150whp. we all continue to put work into it together, my wife triple checks my harness and safety equipment and is responsible for pulling the pin on the parachute, my 14 year old stages me at the start beams, my 12 year old helps me check and track data logs, and my daughter sits pretty in the trailer! this coming January the 14 year old will start driving it (on low boost of course ~ 450hp)

Rock Crawling: 2000 Tacoma swapped with 1 ton axles 40" tires and link suspension, dual transfer cases. we all have fun with that in the canyons.

Hunting: deer, elk, coyote. we all love it, except my wife, she doesn't like guns all too much.

Motorcycles: a way for my wife and I to get away for a bit and leave our stresses and worries behind for a while.

my friends say that they would have never thought I would have gotten into saltwater tanks because I have been a welder all my life and it kinda doesn't match up hobby-wise. haha

N2950H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have a few different hobbies haha they're all family oriented.

Race Car: 91 foxbody coupe with an LS swap, 88mm turbo, turbo 400 manual shift, E85, 1150whp. we all continue to put work into it together, my wife triple checks my harness and safety equipment and is responsible for pulling the pin on the parachute, my 14 year old stages me at the start beams, my 12 year old helps me check and track data logs, and my daughter sits pretty in the trailer! this coming January the 14 year old will start driving it (on low boost of course ~ 450hp)

Rock Crawling: 2000 Tacoma swapped with 1 ton axles 40" tires and link suspension, dual transfer cases. we all have fun with that in the canyons.

Hunting: deer, elk, coyote. we all love it, except my wife, she doesn't like guns all too much.

Motorcycles: a way for my wife and I to get away for a bit and leave our stresses and worries behind for a while.

my friends say that they would have never thought I would have gotten into saltwater tanks because I have been a welder all my life and it kinda doesn't match up hobby-wise. haha

Despite the fact that you put an LS in a fox, I wish I could like this twice. :)

I also have a foxbody, mine's an 88 w/a 331 stroker. Then I have a 95 GT road course car from the Bondurant school which was prepped by Roush. The current project is a 63 Galaxie with a 520ci stoker based on a 427 side oiler. That one is getting dyno'd next month but expecting 750hp naturally aspirated on pump gas.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have many hobbies right now hence why I picked up reefing.

I fade in and out of extreme hobbies. I don't feel like I'll fade out of reefing though it's so rewarding.

I have a summer house on the water so your common hobbies exist there - tubing, wakeboarding, knee board etc

I used to make music for a while and tried to grow that bussiness but didn't work.

I garden - pretty extensively

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be stoked for classic release

I've been getting the e-mails... like reserving your name and stuff, but just haven't been over the top about it. Haven't purchased it yet. I probably will... cause wow is life and for the horde and all.... I'd be all over it if there was some mobile features being released with it... Surely they can do vanilla on a phone or ipad.... then I could play ANYWHERE!

RStanley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can usually find me at the gun club or a car show.
Usually on the pistol range with my daughter during colder months. One of my favorite activities. In the process of starting a pro 2a YouTube channel.
Other is classic cars. I take my 63 nova or my 65 dart gt to the shows during the warmer months. Warm sunshine and hot cars, foxtails, ground pounding engines, and the smell of fuel coming out a big blocks exhaust make me smile. Looking to pick up a rat rod so I can make my own fuel guzzling ticket getter.
69 Runner and a 72 MG are my other vice. If I’m not elbow deep in a tank I am elbow deep in an engine bay.

RStanley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
140DBA5F-E4F4-423D-A399-5008153729FE.jpeg
No cheap hobbies here. Reef tanks and classic cars.
Just did the interior on the runner last winter and the front running gear the winter before that. This winter the transmission goes in for rebuild while I sort out the rear suspension. The MG got a new soft top last spring but she is in decent shape and doesn’t need much else.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta do a lot of math to run the meth!

True story.... When I use to teach high school, I had a kid in my physical science class with an ankle bracelet. He was talking (accurately) about quarks and leptons and asking really high level questions on day one. By day 2, I was like... kid you could be teaching this class. Why aren't you in chemistry? Long story short, when you are arrested for making meth as a teen, they don't think about how the practical knowledge you gained probably means you need to be in AP chem. We got him moved over and the kid was a GENIUS! Still wonder what happened to him.

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to Old Ameican Classic car shows (Hot August Nights for an example), my 5 speed Mustang GT (it's a daily and not stock), motorcycle rides with my hubby (we ride our own Victory bikes), 4 wheeling in our 59 Willys Jeep with our fur babies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back