Overflow placement

LiLinka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 150 gallons. What type of overflow should I use. Currently going for center trapezoid. But I want to hear other peoples opinions. Possibly a corner. Or double corner. I want whatever will be the best. Thanks!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 150 gallons. What type of overflow should I use. Currently going for center trapezoid. But I want to hear other peoples opinions. Possibly a corner. Or double corner. I want whatever will be the best. Thanks!
There is a chance that placement will not be important In determining success of your aquarium.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't really matter where you put it. Corner will cut off a side and middle may be intrusive towards center of aquarium. You could do a Ghost Overflow/external overflow I'd your going to have it drilled. This all depends on the dimensions of the 150 also...and where you're viewing it from

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I centered mine, went with a 3 drain bean animal overflow for safety and redundancy. I opted for an Exotic Marine overflow, I liked his design, build quality, and Taylor was super helpful every time we corresponded.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back