PAR Readings - Result approvment

Inversus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

so I finally got my renal PAR-Meter and measured my tank. In the picture you can see the results.
Light is a Kessil AP9X, Tank a Red Sea 250 (52 Gallon). Light is mounted at 10"

For now I want to go for only Sofites and LPS (One GSP (central) and Zoa (right) is already in the tank. But who knows whats comming down the road :)
If I understood PAR right, this readings looks pretty good or is there room for improvement?

Thanks ahead!

par_reading.png

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert but recently bought a par meter because I couldn't keep sps or clams. Now I no why at least so for me it was worth the investment. I do have softies and some really nice large LPS corals including a meat coral buttons Duncans and lobos that are thriving with less par than you have so I would say you should be fine for your intended stock.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some areas a little high for softies Recommended 75- 150 for SPS 200- 350 from an article I think Dana. Personally I would move it to the right a small amount to balance the readings, and keep LPS on the sand, and or bottom section. If you are going to go SPS in the future you might get away with lowering the light to 8" to save you from getting another light. Or if you don't like the look of that raise the light to keep LPS on the rocks

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’ll be fine for soft corals and lps. Those corals move in the current and prevent self shading. I disagree on needing additional lights. With branching stony corals that’s a different story. Roll with it as is.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back