Ph Issues

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everybody. I have a question about Ph. I am having problems getting my Ph to 8.0. I have done everything under the sun to raise it. Here are the steps I have taken: I dose kalk through my top off and a reactor, I run my fuge 24/7, I have a large air pump outside of my house and am pumping fresh air into my sump, and I have an airline run from outside the house to the venturi on my skimmer. I have re-calibrated my Ph probe and tested the results with a handheld moniter. I am beginning to beleive I am over thinking this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions? There are times when my Ph is as low as 1.75.

Thanks

Ben

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are certainly some testing or typo errors. PH of 1.75 would eat your skin off..

SS

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys! I didn't mean to come across so stern. Written english for me is such a poor medium of conversation exchange for me, personally.

7.75 isn't a big problem.

I've run systems in the past that logged PH drops to 7.6 and even slightly below. During these times, I never saw any signs of stressed coral. I've had young systems run at low PH and in time stabilize to much higher readings with time. If you've been trying to adjust, I'd run it for a couple months without attempting to artificially raise it. See where it sets and gauge coral health.. if all is well, PH is well. :)

SS

OP
OP
benjabba

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. That is what I am going to do. I have lost a few nice sps colonies over the last month or so and I think it is because I am not letting things stablize because I have become to concerned about a number. The tank is about a year and half old so who knows. I do know the house is pretty closed up for the winter but this is a first for me.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back