pH probe leaking in box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I opened a brand new sealed Profilux 4e set today and the pH probe had crust all around the fluid cap from leaking fluid.

It’s reading pH 6.0 but I haven’t calibrated it yet (spent too long going through the ridiculous WiFi setup and firmware update process :p ).

This is a picture of the fluid left after I removed the probe. Anything to worry about? Should I contact support or something? I really don’t like this given the price of this unit.

1D19539B-E809-42BA-AE0E-3E752531E9E8.jpeg

C6CA91C5-7A71-4521-AD63-C5CDE879CAF3.jpeg

OP
OP
kenchilada

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came the same way. So long as the fluid covered the sensor on the end of the probe - it should calibrate properly and work fine.
Wasn’t always covered. Unless they had the box sitting on the shelf at a very particular angle it would not have been submerged. I don’t know if being in the presence of moisture is enough or what.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t always covered. Unless they had the box sitting on the shelf at a very particular angle it would not have been submerged. I don’t know if being in the presence of moisture is enough or what.
calibrate it.. bet it works fine.. my understanding it necessarily doesnt have to be fully submerged... the liquid just keeps it from drying out.. as long as there is moisture... your going to be ok.. that said.. you already documented it here.. calibrate it and worst case, it gets replaced.. but your going to be just fine.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should work well - just calibrate it. With all new electrodes - in spite of brand - I have found that it is necessary to calibrate it when you start it and do a recalibration after around 2 - 3 weeks. I have been working with a lot of different brands of pH electrodes in my life and I must say that the type of electrodes GHL use are among the best I have worked with. I have restarted electrodes, that of mistake get dry for a prolonged period of time, by soaking them for a week in 3 M KCl solution.

If it shows up to be something wrong with it - submit a ticket

Sincerely Lasse

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back