photon 48 v2 pro settings for Mixed reef

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2022
Messages
62
Reaction score
17
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recently picked up a photon 24 and have been messing with the settings(only been reefing for a few months), was curious what others run on theirs. Currently doesn't have corals but will be LPS dominate with some SPS eventually.

light is sitting 10" above a Biocube 32 at the moment. Cant get a par meter since im not near a LFS. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
 
I've been using RB Photons for years. The best value in a well made controllablr fixture.

I ran the blues between 70% and 90%, and the whites at 20% to 30%. You can do whatever you want with the red and green, Just remember that red is good for algae, blue is good for coral.

I run a 3 or 4 sunrise, then 4 hours of high midday settings and then a 4 or 5 hour sunset. The hour either side of the midday is still pretty high and that gives the tank a full 6 to maybe 8 hours of enough light for photosynthesis. The rest of sunrise and sunset is just for looks.

Have fun with it. BTW, I own a PAR meter and I get PAR of 100 to 150 at the sand and 200 to 250 at the top of the rocks.
 
I've been using RB Photons for years. The best value in a well made controllablr fixture.

I ran the blues between 70% and 90%, and the whites at 20% to 30%. You can do whatever you want with the red and green, Just remember that red is good for algae, blue is good for coral.

I run a 3 or 4 sunrise, then 4 hours of high midday settings and then a 4 or 5 hour sunset. The hour either side of the midday is still pretty high and that gives the tank a full 6 to maybe 8 hours of enough light for photosynthesis. The rest of sunrise and sunset is just for looks.

Have fun with it. BTW, I own a PAR meter and I get PAR of 100 to 150 at the sand and 200 to 250 at the top of the rocks.
Ok, thank you. I was just trying to figure out the hours I should run, currently am running a 2 hour sunrise 8 hour midday and 2 hour sunset. But I’ll start tweaking it now
 
An 8 hour midday is fine. Some people run it even longer with no ill effects. But biologists say anything more than about 6 to 8 hours doesn't do much good either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new