Pick my first nano tank..

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
173
Location
Long Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 55 gal in the living room is running smoothly now and really starting to see it mature. Now its just basic upkeep for it and letting it grow..

So I have a bunch of tanks in my basement and a few showerhead/pumps at my disposal to make a nano that I'll start as fowlr and transition to reef but I'm unsure which of the 4 tanks I have to use. It will be going next to my 40b heavily planted freshwater tank in my bedroom.

Option 1: 20 long drilled in back with teal background and will remove top trim, love it's shallow dimension but afraid noise from drain to sump will annoy me when trying to sleep.

Option 2: 20 high, not drilled but have bit to do so if I want

Option 3: 20+ gal octagon that's 30" long 12" at widest and 17 high. Dark oak trim cool shape.

Option 4: 10 gal standard that I would make an all in one style tank with the inside sump style.

I'll get a pic of the long octagon tank later to get an idea for you guys. I have no idea which to go with so I'm looking for you guys to make up my mind.
 
Defiantly won't have cash for a skimmer especially since I feel it's not needed. I will prob just do live rock with nice amount of flow with religious water changes. Most likely a bare bottom tank so I can easily clean it up. Once corraline algae grows on bottom won't look so bad
 
This picture so happens to have the 2 20 gals in it except now the 20 long is teal background and offwhite painted underneath plus drilled. I used to use the octagon for raising my corydoras fry but lately I grew lazy removing eggs from when they consistently scatter them around my planted. Obviously the octagon is bottom right. This is my fish corner in my basement.
pHosting.php
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new