Pico Spec-V

SR52012

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
69
Location
Tampa Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all,
So I was looking at everyones Spec-V tanks, and my wife wanted me to take down the one that was in her office. So as a good husband, I took it down, brought it home, and made it into a Pico reef tank lol.


As of now the only things i have done I seal the small hole in the filter wall, and make a filter media basket out of egg crate. I am running the bio media that came with it (just because), a bag of chemi pure, and filter floss. I ordered a Par38 GalaxyHydro led bulb, just havent put it in yet, running the stock light for now.

Stocking so far has been live rock and sand with NSW. I have seen 2 hermit hitch hikers, and a few baby snails. When i was scaping it i glued a Yama and a FL ricordia and 2 little Clove polyps.


 
Update, I got these 2 guys last night for free from some one...



And here is a side by side compare of the stock Spec light and a Par38 Galaxyhydro LED bulb.

Stock


LED bulb
 
Love the pico tank and your aquascape. My first SW tank was a 3 gal. Pico. I've since moved up to a 30 gal.
Very addicting but awesome hobby. :D
 
So a little update, i moved some corals into this tank to try and save them... Candy Cane, Kenya tree, and a richordia. We will see how they do. Now i need to find a small heater to put in the return pump area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new