plasti dip backround?

No one is going to be clawing at the back of your tank.....don't need the super-duper paints on the back of your tank.


I use HD's $0.98 spray paint. And that was in 2008 and it looks the same today.



[h=1][/h]
 
I have on a 65G.. it works decently, I'd say about the same number of drawbacks of using paint - just different. You need to put a lot on for it to block light completely. In spots where paint would scratch the plastidip stretches and you can push it back into place. For it to adhere to glass you need to make sure it's squeaky clean though. You also need to be careful tightening bulkheads against it, a few times I had it start spinning the plastidip with it.

I thought it would be a cool thing to try, but in the future I'm sticking to paint.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new