OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very groovy scape. How expensive is that rock? I hear it is pretty light/porus - is that true?
Yeah it’s expensive (like 14-15$lb) but surprisingly light. I ordered some of the pukani-clone rock for my Zoa tank (18lb) and got so many huge pieces I am going to put that rockwork in this tank and some of the Tonga in my nano

I’ll have an update about working with it soon but very impressed with all the tropic eden rock

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my hands on some Tropic Eden Morroca shelf rock that I like even more than the Tonga. Made a large sculpture from about 18lbs of it with dowels and E-Marco 400. Because all of the shelfs are forward, it was very unbalanced and I had to incorporate a cement base/pylon to make it stable.

IMG_0355.jpeg IMG_0356.jpeg IMG_0357.jpeg

Gonna let it dry a few days and soak in some RO water before I put it in the tank, but I think the fish will love the additional shade that's missing with the Tonga

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0383.jpeg
This guy seems content to live on top of the powerhead, after taking him off about 10x ive capitulated and let him stay

IMG_0389.jpeg
Spotbreast exploring his new Rockwork
Very nice, love the new scape and that Angel. I’m hoping to get a mated pair when I upgrade. Coulda bought a female last week but my tank is just too small. It was hard to not come home with that fish though.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, love the new scape and that Angel. I’m hoping to get a mated pair when I upgrade. Coulda bought a female last week but my tank is just too small. It was hard to not come home with that fish though.
I wish I’d had got a mated pair from the start, now I’m trying to find a female haha

love the fish and his personality though, very dog-like, follows me around the tank hoping for food…

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I’d had got a mated pair from the start, now I’m trying to find a female haha

love the fish and his personality though, very dog-like, follows me around the tank hoping for food…
We’ll, I know where you can find a nice female for the low low price of only $114 plus another $70 for shipping. Quite the deal lol. Actually I think that’s a pretty good price for that fish if the shipping wasn’t so much. I wish my fish followed me when I come into the room. Mine are all pretty skittish when you approach the tank. You’d think they’d be over that by now, I’ve had some of them for 2 1/2 years.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your tank from?
Also did the stand come with or did you build it?
The tank is a custom build I had done by Advanced Acrylics. They have some nano tanks that are similar, I just had John do one with my larger dimensions and a larger rear chamber

advancedacrylics.com

I built the stand with 3030 T-Slot from zyltech.com

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0570.jpeg

Got a massive order from @A Reef Creation yesterday and am very impressed with the company. Frags were packaged extremely well! Everything went into the frag tank overnight, and I mounted up some things this morning. The various zoas went into my smaller zoa garden tank.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0698.jpeg

I felt the left side of the structure felt a little unfinished, so I got one more small shelf of rock and affixed it to the left side. It was a nightmare, the Emarco failed and cracked after getting it back in the tank, so I fused it together with globs of super glue and it seems to be holding stable...

Not much light reaches under the rock, ill probably end up putting something like a NPS Sun Coral back there eventually

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1071.jpeg

Some major updates to the tank... Had to move it to another location, so while I was at it, I did a major retrofit on the tank to fix some issues with filtration (and buff out a big scratch I put in the interior with a rock)

IMG_0948.jpeg IMG_0949.jpeg

I was using loose polyfil in the first chamber at the start, which worked horribly. So I built an acrylic chamber that will hold a filter sock (reef diapers). Also put some holes in the same piece to accommodate my primary and backup heaters.

IMG_1080.jpeg IMG_1081.jpeg

The holes in the back of the tank are for the 1/2" murlok lines of my reactors to feed through. After testing bio pellets over the last several months, I am a big fan now! Instead of 3 separate reactors under the tank, I rebuilt them into a 3-stage reactor that runs 1)Biopellets 2)Gfo 3)Carbon. So far so good...

The setup is working great thus far, and has also drastically reduced noise!

IMG_1063.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back