Poor clowns

  • Thread starter Thread starter noo2usa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

noo2usa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Athens, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added two clowns to my aquarium. One Black Ocellaris and one Fancy Ocellaris. They've been in the tank for about 9 hours. The water tested fine by me and my reef store prior to adding them. They are hanging in one corner and swimming at the top of the water. I'm a bit concerned or is this normal?
 
Give them time to acclimate...it's a new home and they are getting comfortable and unsure of predators. Mine hid for the first day. Hosted the thermometer and pumps until just recently. They'll get used to their new home in due time.
 
Are they swimming at the top and taking really deep breaths? If so, you might want to add another power head to oxygenate the water more. Or you can angle an existing powerhead and point it upwards to help.
 
I'd say that this is pretty normal for clowns to hang out like this. If they aren't breathing hard, I'd say don't worry about it.
 
Thanks a bunch. I just got back home and they seem to be exploring a little more around the rock. I think I will change the aim on my power head to oxygenate the water.
 
Yeah it is totally normal for fish in general to act a little weird when first introduced to a new tank. As long as you have good water movement on the surface and you have a good skimmer the water should have enough oxygen in it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new