Possible pest ID

bobby.w.hodges

Wet Thumb
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
716
Reaction score
648
Location
Peachtree corners, Georgia 30092
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these little "things" that look like two hairs all over my rocks, they are hard to see unless you look closely, until recently I was unable to get a picture of them due to having iPhone, but I switched phones, they are still not totally clear but you can see them. My monti setosa in the picture actually grew around one, weird.

Well a CBB eat them?

Any info should be great. Thanks in advance.
509803764e97314f4364ae0b9993cb7b.jpg
91601189a831e0d64688139870864433.jpg
35b447e66a7b9bdb35a5eb83b2b7e568.jpg
 
I've got the same things, tiny little two hairs sticking out of the rock. Almost impossible to see until you really start looking for them. I'm hoping someone knows what the heck they are.
 
Look like little Hydroids from the pics
 
I could see them being worms also. Now that I look closer they seem to be fairly uniform with 2 tentacle.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new