powerbrites are AWESOME

XCrunnr36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeaaaah i may never turn my main lighting back on again.

haha no but seriously i just rigged a unit up on my tank to check out what they were all about. for anyone who may be considering or didnt know this was even out there... here's a comparison pic!

powerbrites.jpg

ps... picture doesn't do it any justice.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice pic
- i just commented on a dif forum about how i plan on getting more actinic powerbrights to sup the actinic in my T5 lights because i've never been happy with the pop from T5's.
the 450 spectrum of blue + and the low PAR/brightness of T5 actinics just aren't the same as a good actinic glow you can get from VHO, and i really have been missing that in my new set up
- i've been running 2 powerbrights and am going to get two more this week - powerbright actinic LED suplimentation may be the answer i was looking for

OP
OP
XCrunnr36

XCrunnr36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys guess i shoulda included some of that in the first post!

The comparison pic is to the powerbrites alone compared to a phoenix 14k 250w

And unfortunately i will need two linked strips to get the full effect across the tank. i will say that is the one feature that i am not too terribly thrilled about i have a 24x24x18 cube and one strip alone only covers about 12"

Also when i have my halide on the powerbrites are irrelevant all together so i wouldn't consider it supplemental lighting in that sense.

ddwbeagles

Northern VA Novice Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the Powerbrites and the Ecoxotic stunner strips. IMHO the latter is much better, but both do the job.

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue leds are pretty cool. I am about to pull the trigger on some new ones. Just not sure what to try.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 35 18.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 74.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back