I am looking into purchasing the concentrate alkalinity testing instead of the premixed solutions to save some money and curious if would need to stir it for a few days/weeks like I often have to do when I make fresh 3-part?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I don’t. I make 5 liters at a time from concentrated HCl and never mix it again. I’m guessing I’ll use it up in a year or 2.I am looking into purchasing the concentrate alkalinity testing instead of the premixed solutions to save some money and curious if would need to stir it for a few days/weeks like I often have to do when I make fresh 3-part?
Do you have a link to the HCI and what ratio? I would love to be able to make it even cheaper than the concentrate I ordered!I don’t. I make 5 liters at a time from concentrated HCl and never mix it again. I’m guessing I’ll use it up in a year or 2.
I believe so. I was using the premixed 0.02N from CoralVue. Do you use HCI as well?You are talking about a concentrated acid that is diluted for alk testing? I do that using 2.0 N sulfuric diluted down to 0.1 N for my diy alk tests.
The simple act of adding 19 parts water to 1 part acid is plenty of mixing. Its like adding water to kool aid: it almost instantly
comes to the new color/concentration.
I just get 1M HCl from Amazon. Then I use this recipeDo you have a link to the HCI and what ratio? I would love to be able to make it even cheaper than the concentrate I ordered!
So this would work? https://a.co/d/07KpDXIvI just get 1M HCl from Amazon. Then I use this recipe
To make 5L of alkatronic reagent
100 ml 1M HCl plus 4900 ml water
Instructions:
- Fill a 100 ml volumetric flask with 1M acid
- Put the acid in a 1L volumetric flask and fill to 1L with ro water
- Add the solution to the alkatronic feed container.
- Add 4 more L RO water to container.
YesSo this would work? https://a.co/d/07KpDXIv
What are you keeping it in? I've been trying to mix mine and keep it in one of my old 4L coralvue containers but I wouldn't mind jumping to a 5L esp. if it makes the mix easier to calculate/measure out.I don’t. I make 5 liters at a time from concentrated HCl and never mix it again. I’m guessing I’ll use it up in a year or 2.
CSBD F-Style Clear Plastic Jug... Amazon product ASIN B08617J9TCWhat are you keeping it in? I've been trying to mix mine and keep it in one of my old 4L coralvue containers but I wouldn't mind jumping to a 5L esp. if it makes the mix easier to calculate/measure out.
I believe so. I was using the premixed 0.02N from CoralVue. Do you use HCI as well?